Designed by Ferry & Clas.
According to H. Russell Zimmerann‘s The Heritage Guidebook…
“Milwaukee’s most important residential landmark was built at the time when Pabst became president of the family brewery and its name was changed from Best to the Pabst Brewing Company. Architect George Bowman Ferry (of Ferry & Clas) drew the plans for this distinguished Flemish Renaissance mansion. Its handsomely proportioned facade, with corbie-stepped gables, is made of pressed tan brick on a Wauwatosa limestone foundation. The strapwork ornament is executed in matching terra-cotta and the red pantile roof is trimmed with copper rainwater heads and downspouts. The conservatory on the east end of the house was originally an exhibit pavilion for the display of Pabst Brewing Co. products (most likely at the World Columbian Exposition in Chicago, 1893). Made almost entirely of terra-cotta, the baroque design is ornamented with beer steins, barley, and hop vines and was designed by architect Otto Strack. Both inside and out, the house is in a remarkably unspoiled condition.
|790838||2016/03/16||New Service Request|
New application for tavern, please check for 300' rule.
Low Voltage-New Install