Inside the Standard at East Library
Our photos capture the interior of a one-bedroom apartment, its great views, and the rooftop deck.
On Sunday, we published my Doors Open Milwaukee inside tour of Park Lafayette Towers, the first of a series of such tours I will share with readers. The recently completed Standard at East Library, 2340 N. Cramer St., was another stop during my Doors Open weekend.
Developed by HSI Properites, LLC the 99-unit mixed-use building is located on the former site of the East Library. The library will soon re-open on the first floor in a 16,000 square-foot condominium space designed by architect Kevin Allebach with designer Jane Dedering of HGA. The five-story building was designed by Engberg Anderson, with Tim Wolosz as the project designer.
Just before it opened my colleague Jeramey Jannene shared his Hard Hat Tour of the building, but today we take you inside to see what living at the Standard is like. Outside of the building you’ll see that the winner of Milwaukee Public Library‘s call for public art, Ray Chi, is currently installing his public art piece, the Serpent. Within the building our photo tour takes you to see a fifth-floor southeastern facing one-bedroom unit with great views, the party room, and another urban oasis in the sky (as a recent tour of Park Lafayette Towers revealed, rooftop decks are a popular feature of new developments ).
According to a Facebook post by Ald. Nik Kovac, Mercy Housing Lakefront‘s Greenwich Park Apartments will break ground in spring 2015. The six-story apartment building will be built on the parking lots bounded by N. Murray, E. Thomas, N. Farwell avenues, and the remaining US Bank portion of the lot.
- Hard Hat Tour: The Standard at East Library – Jeramey Jannene – Jul 17th, 2014
- Friday Photos: Standard Nears Completion – Jeramey Jannene – May 30th, 2014
- Plenty of Horne: Owner of Strad Violin Tips Her Identity – Michael Horne – February 6th, 2014
- Hard Hat Tour: North Avenue Boomtown – Jeramey Jannene – January 23rd, 2014
- Photo Gallery: New East Library Complex Rising – Dave Reid – November 24th, 2013
- Rebuilding Another Library – Maria Corpus – October 10th, 2013
- Photo Gallery: East Library Groundbreaking – Jeramey Jannene – July 30th, 2013
- Photo Gallery: Temporary East Library Opens – Jeramey Jannene – July 1st, 2013
- Friday Photos: Say Goodbye to East Library – Jeramey Jannene – June 7th, 2013
- Eyes on Milwaukee: A Redesign for Hi Hat Garage – Jeramey Jannene – December 13th, 2012
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Did Donovan Make Bauman Soil His Pants? – Jeramey Jannene – May 24th, 2012
- East Library Gains Zoning Approval, Rest of District Held – Jeramey Jannene – May 21st, 2012
- City Land Sale for East Library Redevelopment Held at Committee – Dave Reid – March 28th, 2012
- East Library Redevelopment Advances at City Plan Commission – Dave Reid – February 28th, 2012
- East Library Redevelopment Update and Estimated Schedule – Jeramey Jannene – February 9th, 2012
- HSI/WiRED Properties Proposal Picked for East Library – Jeramey Jannene – November 10th, 2011
- Mixed Use East Library Proposals Meet the Neighbors – Jeramey Jannene – September 15th, 2011