Milwaukee neighborhood on the city’s south side. The neighborhood is centered on S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
From the 1981 Landmarks Commission/Department of City Development report…
The Bay View Historic District is a portion of the east side of the original village and includes approximately 495 structures, almost all residential. There is also one small park in the area. Most of the existing structures were built between 1870 and 1915. Few were designed by architects; many are simple cottages and bungalows. Probably the most historically significant structure remaining in the district is the residence at 2590 South Superior Street build about 1870-1870 for Warren Brinton, foundry supervisor at the mill, and wife Beulah Brinton, a cousin of Eber Brock Ward. The Brinton residence played an important role in the community’s development. It housed Bay View’s first lending library and Milwaukee area’s first practical social center, perhaps the first of it’s kind in the United States. Beulah Brinton and her son published the Bay View Weekly Herald in the 1880’s. The small park in the area is named Beulah Brinton Park.
The frame church at 2739 South Superior Street, now owned by the Christian Science Society, was erected in 1873 by the Welsh Congregational Church workers from Wales in 1968. The lot had been owned by Elijah Estes and there is still a stipulation in the deed that it be reserved for religious purposes. The district’s Pryor Avenue spring is another important landmark because it is the only remaining Artesian well in Milwaukee.
- Feb 4th, 2016 by Joey Grihalva
- Feb 4th, 2016 by Sophia Boyd
- Jan 29th, 2016 by Joey Grihalva
- Jan 21st, 2016 by Joey Grihalva
- Jan 20th, 2016 by Jack Fennimore
- Jan 14th, 2016 by Joey Grihalva
Press Releases Referencing Bay View
Feb 4th, 2016 by Theodore Lipscomb
At Least 43 Lack Designated Zoning as Parkland; Measure Moves to Avoid Sale by Executive
Feb 3rd, 2016 by Tour of America’s Dairyland
Schedule Includes Return to National Criterium Calendar
Jan 27th, 2016 by Theodore Lipscomb
Chairman Lipscomb Introduces Resolution To Protect Parks and Parkland That Could Be Sold by County Executive Without Public Hearing or Legislative Oversight
Jan 8th, 2016 by WMSE 91.7FM
WMSE starts singing the blues on Friday, March 25 when they host legends The Siegel–Schwall Band at the Turner Hall Ballroom with hometown icons The R&B Cadets.
Jan 7th, 2016 by Marina Dimitrijevic
The County's S.E.E.D. Program Looks to Grow in Cupertino Park
Dec 16th, 2015 by Press Release
Unique Cocktail Lab to Open January 7, 2016
2171 S. Robinson Ave. is a proposed 288-unit apartment building complex for Milwaukee's Bay View neighborhood
Proposed 69-unit apartment building for the site currently occupied by the Faust Music Building in Bay View
2501 S. Delaware Ave. is a building that houses At Random tavern in Milwaukee's Bay View neighborhood.
Alterra – Bay View is an under construction coffee shop and cafe in Milwaukee’s Bay View neighborhood.
Dwell Bay View is an apartment building in Bay View.
Commercial building on S. Kinnickinnic Ave. The building would be demolished under a proposal to build a 69-unit apartment building by Dermond Property Investments (2202 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.).
Commercial building on Bay View's main street being redeveloped into a mixed-use building by Scott Genke.
St. Lucas is a Lutheran church in Bay View.
- Valley industrial buildings find new life as … industrial buildings - Nov 23rd, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Consulting firm to move into Pabst Professional Center - Nov 20th, 2015 - BizTimes - Corrinne Hess
- East side apartment building to be upgraded after sale - Nov 13th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Proposed Bay View ‘micro-hotel’ seeks $380,000 MEDC loan - Nov 9th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Milwaukee All-Star: Milwaukee Blacksmith Kent Knapp - Nov 8th, 2015 - OnMilwaukee.com
- Izumi’s building on Milwaukee’s east side sold to developer - Oct 29th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Klement Sausage Co. to move corporate offices to Pabst center downtown - Sep 30th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Prominent Bay View building to become a ‘micro-hotel,’ restaurant - Sep 29th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Zoning committee endorses Bay View apartment proposals - Sep 17th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Two apartment projects advance on northern edge of Bay View neighborhood - Aug 17th, 2015 - The Milwaukee Business Journal - Sean Ryan
- Development in works for Bay View lot - Jun 19th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- King Building five-story apartment development plan abandoned - Nov 3rd, 2014 - Bay View Compass
- The Norman fire burns in the memories of former residents - May 21st, 2014 - OnMilwaukee.com - Molly Snyder
- More apartments proposed in Bay View - May 6th, 2014 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- King Building proposal includes retail space and 32 luxury apartments - Feb 26th, 2014 - Bay View Compass
- R.I.P. Bill Faust, Founder of Bay View’s Faust Music - Oct 20th, 2013 - Shepherd Express - Evan Rytlewski
- Milwaukee Talks: Eric Wagner of Diablos Rojos Restaurant Group - Sep 6th, 2008 - OnMilwaukee.com - Molly Snyder