Governor-elect Tony Evers and Lt. Governor-elect Mandela Barnes Announce Next Generation Workforce and Economic Development Policy Advisory Council
"Investing in an economy that creates good-paying, family-supporting jobs for the people of Wisconsin is a top priority for our administration."
MADISON – Today, Governor-elect Tony Evers and Lt. Governor-elect Mandela Barnes announced their Next Generation Workforce and Economic Development Policy Advisory Council bringing experienced economic development stakeholders from across Wisconsin to work with the transition team on creating an economy that works for everyone.
“More than 800,000 families in Wisconsin can’t afford basic necessities. Investing in an economy that creates good-paying, family-supporting jobs for the people of Wisconsin is a top priority for our administration,” said Evers. “Our Next Generation Workforce and Economic Development Policy Advisory Council will help our transition team put together a comprehensive plan to support working families and foster an economic climate that attracts and retains a talented workforce.”
The Next Generation Workforce and Economic Development Policy Advisory Council includes:
- Masood Akhtar, CleanTech Partners
- Jan Allman, Marinette Marine
- Stephanie Bloomingdale, AFL-CIO
- Zach Brandon, Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce
- Julie Cayo, EMPLOY Milwaukee
- Tina Chang, SysLogic and MMAC Board Member
- Bruce Colburn, Amalgamated Transit Union
- Kevin Conroy, Exact Sciences
- Paul Ehrfurth, Oconto County Economic Development Corp.
- Morna Foy, Wisconsin Technical College System
- Roberta Gassman, Former Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Secretary
- Sarah Godlewski, State Treasurer-Elect
- Betsey Harries, Ashland Area Development Corporation
- Paul Jadin, Madison Region Economic Partnership
- Joe Kirgues, Gener8tor
- Kim Kohlhaas, AFT-Wisconsin
- Juan Jose Lopez, Department of Workforce Development Division of Employment and Training, Latino Professionals Association of Greater Madison (LPA), Latino Chamber of Commerce of Dane County
- Terry McGowan, International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 139
- Bob Meyer, UW-Stout
- Mahlon Mitchell, Professional Firefighters of Wisconsin
- Christine Neumann-Ortiz, Voces de la Frontera
- Saul Newton, Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- Chuck Pruitt, ABD Direct
- Lisa Pugh, ARC Wisconsin
- Jason Rae, Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Peter Rickman, Milwaukee Area Service & Hospitality Workers Organization (MASH)
- Joel Rogers, COWS
- Joanne Sabir, Sherman Phoenix, Juice Kitchen, and Shindig Cafe
- Michael Waite, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
- Dean Warsh, IBEW, Local 494
For additional information about Governor-elect Evers, Lt. Governor-elect Barnes, and the transition team, please visit evers.wi.gov.
Office of Governor-elect Tony Evers
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
The new register of deeds will complete a term ending Jan. 3, 2021.
"We can’t just accept that violence in our schools is a foregone conclusion, and we have to get to work to do everything we can to keep our kids and our communities safe."
Inlow has been a criminal prosecutor for over a decade and is currently an assistant district attorney for La Crosse County.