DNCC Names Construction and Event Management Teams for 2020 Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee
MILWAUKEE—The Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) today announced the selection of the construction and event management teams for the 2020 Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee. The teams will be responsible for transforming Fiserv Forum and the surrounding area for the convention. The DNCC has selected Hargrove to serve as the Event Management Firm for the convention. Hargrove will manage locally-owned JCP Construction as Construction General Contractor and Populous as its Event Architect. Populous will partner with Milwaukee’s American Design, Inc.
“The eyes of the country will be on Milwaukee during the 2020 Democratic National Convention and we are intent on ensuring attendees and viewers alike feel the energy and excitement of our host city,” said Democratic National Convention Committee CEO Joe Solmonese. “The top-notch event management team we are announcing today perfectly blends the experience, creative vision, and ties to the community necessary to craft an experience that breaks the mold and brings everyone in.”
“The city of Milwaukee has a tremendous amount to showcase when we welcome the convention this summer and I am pleased that will include the local expertise and talent that has been selected as part of the Democratic National Convention Committee’s construction and event management teams,” said Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett. “I look forward to seeing how this visionary group ensures the character of our city permeates this historic event.”
Hargrove, is a full-service, creative and experiential production company serving every segment of the live events market and as a member of the PSAV family of brands. They bring to life high-impact, face-to-face experiences for some of the world’s most recognized corporations, associations and government agencies.
“Hargrove is honored to be selected as the Event Management Partner for the Democratic National Convention, for the third consecutive time,” said Tara Higgins, President of Hargrove. “Our focus will be to deliver a successful world class experience while working closely with the DNCC to create a lasting legacy for Milwaukee.”
JCP Construction, LLC has been selected as the DNCC’s Construction General Contractor. The Milwaukee firm was established in 2008 by brothers James, Jalin, and Clifton Phelps. Together, they bring decades of combined experience to the convention and provide an array of services including pre-construction, general contracting, and construction management. Their company focuses on commercial, adaptive reuse, and large residential construction. JCP Construction has been a part of some of Milwaukee’s flagship construction projects of the past decade including Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee Mitchell Airport, and Northwestern Mutual Tower and Commons.
“We are pleased to be named the construction general contractor for the upcoming Democratic National Convention being held at Fiserv Forum this summer,” said James Phelps, JCP Construction President. “This is an historic moment for Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the Midwest. The opportunity to be a part of this event is further recognition of our leadership in this industry and commitment to be an inclusive employer in our city.”
The DNCC has selected Populous as the convention’s Event Architect. Populous is the architect of record for Fiserv Forum and has extensive experience planning the world’s largest marquee events like the Super Bowl, Olympics, and Warrior Games. This year’s event will be the fifth nominating convention for the firm, three of which were hosted in Populous-designed venues. Populous’ lead event architect will be native Wisconsinite and Associate Principal Lisa Opper, and the team will partner locally with American Design, Inc.
“We are honored to partner with the DNCC as the event architect of a historic event in one of our historic facilities,” said Lisa Opper, Senior Event Architect and Associate Principal. “As both architects and event specialists, we are experts in designing places that bring people together for memorable experiences. Fiserv Forum is the perfect venue to host this event and we look forward to working with the DNCC to deliver the 2020 Democratic National Convention.”
“American Design is pleased and honored to join the team that will bring this significant event to Milwaukee,” said John T. Williams, President of American Design, Inc.
The construction and event management team will be led by DNCC Senior Director of Hall Management Jeffrey Wexler. Their work together has already commenced and will continue as we count down to welcoming 50,000 convention guests to the arena July 13-16.
About the Democratic National Convention
The 2020 Democratic National Convention will be held at Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin July 13-16, 2020. The Democratic National Convention is the formal event in which delegates of the United States Democratic Party will choose the party’s nominees for President and Vice President in the 2020 presidential election. At the convention, the Democratic Party also adopts the official Democratic Party platform as well as the rules and procedures governing party activities, including the nomination process for presidential candidates in the next election cycle. The CEO for the 2020 Democratic National Convention Committee is Joe Solmonese.
More about the Road to the DNC
- DNC Host Committee Hires New Leaders - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 28th, 2020
- Urban Ideas: Make MCTS Free During DNC - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 27th, 2020
- City Hall: Police To Lease Two Buildings During DNC - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 24th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: DNC Will Restrict Construction Projects - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 11th, 2020
- Transportation: We Energies Will Sponsor Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 10th, 2020
- DNCC Names Construction and Event Management Teams for 2020 Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee - Milwaukee 2020 DNC Convention Committee - Feb 10th, 2020
- DNC Delegate Welcome Party To Be Held at Summerfest Grounds - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 7th, 2020
- Milwaukee DNC Leaders Fired by Board - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 4th, 2020
- “Toxic” Work Environment at DNC Cited - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 4th, 2020
- Watch: Wisconsin Gun Violence Survivor, Khary Penebaker, Featured in Mike Bloomberg 2020 Campaign Ad Highlighting Urgent Need to Prevent Gun Violence - Mike Bloomberg - Jan 31st, 2020
- DNC Needs 15,000 Volunteers - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 30th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Fiserv Forum Workers to Get $15/Hour - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 29th, 2020
- City Hall: DNC Security Zone Includes Almost All of Westown - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 17th, 2020
- DNC Chair Talks Healthcare in Milwaukee - Corri Hess - Jan 17th, 2020
- City Hall: Milwaukee Seeking $50 Million To Pay for DNC Security - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 16th, 2020
- Mark Pocan Endorses Bernie Sanders for President - Bernie Sanders - Jan 16th, 2020
- 500 Media Members Get DNC Preview - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 7th, 2020
- Mayor Bloomberg Comes to Town - Graham Kilmer - Dec 23rd, 2019
- Mike Bloomberg Rebuilding ‘Blue Wall’ in PA, MI, WI - Mike Bloomberg - Dec 21st, 2019
- City Hall: 4,000 Police Officers Will Guard DNC - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 14th, 2019
- Security Will Be Tight At DNC - Corri Hess - Nov 14th, 2019
- Tom Steyer Comes to Town - Dave Fidlin - Nov 8th, 2019
- Airport Prepares for 2020 Convention - Corri Hess - Oct 28th, 2019
- Barrett, Moore to Lead Growing DNC Team - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 25th, 2019
- DNC Team Pitches Civic Leaders - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 15th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Airbnb Says Milwaukee is Fastest Growing Destination - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 11th, 2019
- Coalition to March on the DNC Looks to Rally Local Progressive Organizations and Demand Permits for Peaceful Assembly - Coalition to March on the DNC - Oct 10th, 2019
- Business, Property Owners Discuss How To Benefit From DNC - Corri Hess - Sep 24th, 2019
- Presidential Candidate Klobuchar Visits City - Alana Watson - Sep 20th, 2019
- Supermajority Organizations to Launch Cross-Country Bus Tour to Mobilize Women Ahead of 2020 - Supermajority - Sep 4th, 2019
- DNC Official Downplays Illinois Hotels - Corri Hess - Aug 26th, 2019
- Sanders Leads Dems in State Funds Raised - Robin Bravender - Aug 20th, 2019
- Democrats Speak at Latino Convention - Jim Cryns - Jul 12th, 2019
- DNC Emphasizing Security, Inclusivity for 2020 Convention - Dave Fidlin - Jun 20th, 2019
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee 2020 DNC Convention Committee
Milwaukee 2020 Host Committee Announces Henry Maier Festival Park as Site of Official Convention Delegate Welcome PartyFeb 7th, 2020 by Milwaukee 2020 DNC Convention Committee
Event will introduce several thousand delegates to all Milwaukee has to offer and kick off convention week activities
Host Committee opens community application for “Ensuring Economic Equity” summit, set for Nov. 22
Host committee launches online portal for venues