Get Your DNC Memorabilia
Bobbleheads and buttons from the convention that wasn't.
My wife likes to joke that DNC stands for “Did Not Come.”
But she’s not the only one that’s sought to get a few laughs from effectively virtual Democratic National Convention.
VISIT Milwaukee sent out a package of buttons to delegates, none of whom traveled to Milwaukee, as well as donors, members of the host committee and Democratic National Convention Committee. “Stayed home, saved lives, missed the party,” reads one. “I (almost) attended Milwaukee’s first DNC, but quarantined instead,” says another.
The eight-button package, which includes a face mask, is now available for the general public. It retails for $25 plus shipping. No guarantees that your friends will laugh when you show up wearing a button that says “Milwaukee is so rad only a global pandemic could keep me away.”
The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum, which had planned a special political bobblehead exhibit for a pre-pandemic world, is also marketing a DNC-themed bobblehead. Numbered up to 2,020, the organization produced a bobblehead that features a red-white-and-blue donkey (the symbol of the Democratic Party) atop a Wisconsin-shaped base.
Each bobblehead is $20.20 plus shipping.
“Wisconsin has become the bobblehead capital of the world, so it’s only fitting that we have a bobblehead to commemorate the 2020 Democratic National Convention,” said organization CEO Phil Sklar in a press release. “Political bobbleheads date back to the early 1960s, and we’re excited to offer this bobblehead to celebrate an unprecedented convention.” The museum had originally hoped to sell the bobblehead as part of a special ticket package to the museum.
The museum, located in Walker’s Point, will reopen to the public in September. It has been closed since March because of the pandemic.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits.
- Milwaukee Again Bidding To Host DNC - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 28th, 2021
- Milwaukee Invited To Apply For 2024 DNC - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 3rd, 2021
- City Hall: How Much Did DNC Cost Milwaukee? - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 16th, 2020
- Get Your DNC Memorabilia - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 25th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Will Biden’s DNC Snub Hurt Him In State? - Bruce Murphy - Aug 24th, 2020
- Activist Coalition Holds Largest March of DNC - Ethan Duran - Aug 21st, 2020
- DNC: Last Night Brings Little Exposure for Milwaukee - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 20th, 2020
- With DNC as Backdrop, A Discussion of Black Liberation - Ethan Duran - Aug 20th, 2020
- Suburban Protesters March From Tosa to DNC - Ethan Duran - Aug 20th, 2020
- DNC: With A “Holy Mackerel” Tony Evers Kicks Off DNC - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 19th, 2020
Read more about DNC here