Sen. LaTonya Johnson Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget
Wisconsin State Senator LaTonya Johnson (D – Milwaukee) made the following statement regarding passage of the 2017-2019 state budget by the Wisconsin State Senate
“Our state budget is a moral document that should reflect our values and priorities as a state. It should treat people with dignity and respect, provide our communities with real opportunities to succeed, and invest in our future generations. Unfortunately, this budget put forward by Governor Walker and approved today by Senate Republicans puts a divisive political agenda before the well-being of Wisconsin’s children and families.
“Today, I joined my fellow Senate Democrats to offer common-sense amendments that better prioritize our tax dollars. These proposals would create a more fair economy, expand opportunities by investing in our future, prioritize the health of our citizens, and give students the best possible opportunity to get ahead with a quality education. Not surprisingly, Senate Republicans turned down every single one of our amendments while being held hostage by extreme demands by members of their caucus to end diversity training on our university campuses.
“This budget rigs the system for the rich and wealthy on the backs of individuals and families who are among our most vulnerable and in-need. Rather than rob our communities and degrade those who are fighting to make ends meet, I will continue to fight for a Wisconsin that creates pathways for our youth and families to thrive and succeed.”
More about the 2017-2019 WI State Budget
- GOP Passes $76 Billion Betrayal of our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen.Taylor on Budget Passage: “It’s Shameful” - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Sep 17th, 2017
- Ringhand Statement on State Budget - State Sen. Janis Ringhand - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen. LaTonya Johnson Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - State Sen. LaTonya Johnson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Democrats Call for Campaign Integrity to be Restored in State Budget - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- AFP – WI Praises Governor Walker, Senate Conservatives for Improving State Budget - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 17th, 2017
- Governor Walker Releases Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - Gov. Scott Walker - Sep 17th, 2017
- Speaker Vos Statement on Assembly Passage of 2017-2019 Budget - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Sep 14th, 2017
- AFP-Wisconsin Commends Rep. Scott Allen’s Call for PFA Audit - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2017
- Statement from Rep. Barca on Republican Budget - State Rep. Peter Barca - Sep 6th, 2017
- School aid payments delayed amid GOP budget fiasco - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Aug 31st, 2017
- Republicans Again Shortchanging our Kids, Betraying our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Aug 29th, 2017
- Republicans cut rural school aid, delay payments - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Aug 28th, 2017
- GOP Plan Puts Education Last, Fails to Remediate Walker’s Historic Cuts - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Aug 28th, 2017
Recent Press Releases by Jeramey Jannene
The funding will come through a non-state grant program that provides state bonding support for non-profit or local government projects that have a statewide public purpose.
The Museum’s popular annual event returns April 11–14 with art-inspired floral arrangements, workshops, lectures, a fashion show and family-friendly activities.
Statement from Evan Goyke (D-Milwaukee) on September 11th, 2013