AFP-Wisconsin Commends Rep. Scott Allen’s Call for PFA Audit
Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin today applauded State Representative Scott Allen (R-Waukesha) for his call to audit the Wisconsin Public Finance Authority.
Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin today applauded State Representative Scott Allen (R-Waukesha) for his call to audit the Wisconsin Public Finance Authority (PFA), the shadowy entity that emerged as a point of controversy during this week’s budget debate in the legislature.
“Our base of over 130,000 grassroots activists commends Representative Allen for his leadership and courage in standing up to the surprise PFA power grab,” said AFP-WI State Director Eric Bott. “Too many unanswered questions remain about this shady outfit and why the legislature in such a hurry to grant them sweeping new powers including eminent domain authority and an expanded ability to issue bonds for projects in foreign countries. We encourage more lawmakers to follow Rep. Allen’s example and demand answers to critical questions to ensure someone is not trying to pull a scam on Wisconsin taxpayers. Unless and until these question are answered, AFP-WI will be urging Governor Walker to exercise his veto authority.”
More about the 2017-2019 WI State Budget
- GOP Passes $76 Billion Betrayal of our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen.Taylor on Budget Passage: “It’s Shameful” - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Sep 17th, 2017
- Ringhand Statement on State Budget - State Sen. Janis Ringhand - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen. LaTonya Johnson Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - State Sen. LaTonya Johnson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Democrats Call for Campaign Integrity to be Restored in State Budget - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- AFP – WI Praises Governor Walker, Senate Conservatives for Improving State Budget - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 17th, 2017
- Governor Walker Releases Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - Gov. Scott Walker - Sep 17th, 2017
- Speaker Vos Statement on Assembly Passage of 2017-2019 Budget - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Sep 14th, 2017
- AFP-Wisconsin Commends Rep. Scott Allen’s Call for PFA Audit - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2017
- Statement from Rep. Barca on Republican Budget - State Rep. Peter Barca - Sep 6th, 2017
- School aid payments delayed amid GOP budget fiasco - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Aug 31st, 2017
- Republicans Again Shortchanging our Kids, Betraying our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Aug 29th, 2017
- Republicans cut rural school aid, delay payments - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Aug 28th, 2017
- GOP Plan Puts Education Last, Fails to Remediate Walker’s Historic Cuts - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Aug 28th, 2017
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by AFP Wisconsin
The bill would give Congress a vote on certain tariffs proposed by a president before they can take effect.
In the end, this proposal will hurt students trapped in low performing traditional public schools the most.