Speaker Vos Statement on Assembly Passage of 2017-2019 Budget
"The Assembly has concluded its work on the state budget, which delivers on our promise to Wisconsin taxpayers."
“The Assembly has concluded its work on the state budget, which delivers on our promise to Wisconsin taxpayers. We’re setting the right priorities and making government more accountable. The two-year spending plan includes a historic investment to K-12 schools, eliminates several taxes, and keeps property taxes below 2010, 2014 and today’s levels.
“Everyone in Wisconsin can find something to like in this budget from an increased investment in worker training to the extended tuition freeze for the UW System schools. It’s also a fiscally responsible budget that ends in a positive balance and maintains the largest rainy day fund in state history. Today we showed Wisconsin that we’re committed to moving our state forward.”
More about the 2017-2019 WI State Budget
- GOP Passes $76 Billion Betrayal of our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen.Taylor on Budget Passage: “It’s Shameful” - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Sep 17th, 2017
- Ringhand Statement on State Budget - State Sen. Janis Ringhand - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen. LaTonya Johnson Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - State Sen. LaTonya Johnson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Democrats Call for Campaign Integrity to be Restored in State Budget - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- AFP – WI Praises Governor Walker, Senate Conservatives for Improving State Budget - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 17th, 2017
- Governor Walker Releases Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - Gov. Scott Walker - Sep 17th, 2017
- Speaker Vos Statement on Assembly Passage of 2017-2019 Budget - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Sep 14th, 2017
- AFP-Wisconsin Commends Rep. Scott Allen’s Call for PFA Audit - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2017
- Statement from Rep. Barca on Republican Budget - State Rep. Peter Barca - Sep 6th, 2017
- School aid payments delayed amid GOP budget fiasco - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Aug 31st, 2017
- Republicans Again Shortchanging our Kids, Betraying our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Aug 29th, 2017
- Republicans cut rural school aid, delay payments - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Aug 28th, 2017
- GOP Plan Puts Education Last, Fails to Remediate Walker’s Historic Cuts - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Aug 28th, 2017
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos
"The reality is that the voters of Wisconsin have chosen divided government."
“The reforms allow incarcerated youth to have access to the services and rehabilitation they need while in facilities closer to their homes and families.”
"I want to wish him and his family the best in their future."