Ringhand Statement on State Budget
State Senator Janis Ringhand (D-Evansville) released the following statement in response to the Senate’s passage of a state budget
State Senator Janis Ringhand (D-Evansville) released the following statement in response to the Senate’s passage of a state budget that fails to represent the values that the hard working people of Wisconsin prioritize.
“Republicans passed the highest spending state budget in the history of the state while families were out enjoying a Friday night fish fry. Unfortunately, despite spending nearly $76 billion, the budget fails to implement policies that create the fairness, opportunities, and initiatives that strengthen our communities that the people of Wisconsin want.
Rather, it doubles down on the failed Republican policies of prioritizing giveaways to wealthy special interests at the expense of the middle class, local schools, or tax fairness. It fails to build an economy that works for everyone or even protect our natural resources.
Seventy-two hours ago the legislature voted to give away $3 billion to a Chinese corporation. It was the largest taxpayer giveaway to a foreign company in American history. Today we couldn’t even solve our long term transportation funding problem. From the largest city to the smallest township I represent they have all asked for a funding solution for our transportation system or to simply “just fix it.” This budget does not fix it. It just kicks the can down the road for another two years.
This budget short changes the hard working people of Wisconsin in favor of the wealthy and well-heeled special interest groups.”
- GOP Passes $76 Billion Betrayal of our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen.Taylor on Budget Passage: “It’s Shameful” - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Sep 17th, 2017
- Ringhand Statement on State Budget - State Sen. Janis Ringhand - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen. LaTonya Johnson Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - State Sen. LaTonya Johnson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Democrats Call for Campaign Integrity to be Restored in State Budget - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- AFP – WI Praises Governor Walker, Senate Conservatives for Improving State Budget - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 17th, 2017
- Governor Walker Releases Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - Gov. Scott Walker - Sep 17th, 2017
- Speaker Vos Statement on Assembly Passage of 2017-2019 Budget - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Sep 14th, 2017
- AFP-Wisconsin Commends Rep. Scott Allen’s Call for PFA Audit - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2017
- Statement from Rep. Barca on Republican Budget - State Rep. Peter Barca - Sep 6th, 2017
Read more about 2017-2019 WI State Budget here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Peter Barca
"Along with my Democratic colleagues, I’ll work tirelessly to make this a better deal."