Sen.Taylor on Budget Passage: “It’s Shameful”
In response to today’s budget passage, Senator Lena Taylor (D-Milwaukee) released the following statement
In response to today’s budget passage, Senator Lena Taylor (D-Milwaukee) released the following statement:
“The budget that was passed today reflects a disconnect between Wisconsin’s needs and GOP priorities. While Republicans remembered to include a $4 million giveaway for a tiny airport near a donor’s golf course, the GOP forget our children, our roads, and the vital services our communities depend on,” said Senator Lena Taylor (D-Milwaukee).
“Our schools have faced historic cuts under Governor Walker and this budget fails to make whole what Walker has taken away.”
Senator Taylor voiced frustration at Senate Republicans for their failure to keep Walker’s slash-and-crash policies at bay.
“The GOP did little to nothing to spare Wisconsinites from Walker’s far-right agenda. From mandating drug tests for health care to non-compliance with the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act, the GOP marched in tandem with the Governor to neglect and reject best-practices that other states have already figured out.”
Senator Taylor also commented on the Walker economy, which has trailed national private sector job creation for 23 consecutive quarters.
“It’s shameful,” exclaimed Taylor. “There’s no other way to put it. The Walker economy is a losing economy, and Wisconsinites are paying the price.”
More about the 2017-2019 WI State Budget
- GOP Passes $76 Billion Betrayal of our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen.Taylor on Budget Passage: “It’s Shameful” - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Sep 17th, 2017
- Ringhand Statement on State Budget - State Sen. Janis Ringhand - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen. LaTonya Johnson Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - State Sen. LaTonya Johnson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Democrats Call for Campaign Integrity to be Restored in State Budget - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- AFP – WI Praises Governor Walker, Senate Conservatives for Improving State Budget - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 17th, 2017
- Governor Walker Releases Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - Gov. Scott Walker - Sep 17th, 2017
- Speaker Vos Statement on Assembly Passage of 2017-2019 Budget - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Sep 14th, 2017
- AFP-Wisconsin Commends Rep. Scott Allen’s Call for PFA Audit - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2017
- Statement from Rep. Barca on Republican Budget - State Rep. Peter Barca - Sep 6th, 2017
- School aid payments delayed amid GOP budget fiasco - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Aug 31st, 2017
- Republicans Again Shortchanging our Kids, Betraying our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Aug 29th, 2017
- Republicans cut rural school aid, delay payments - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Aug 28th, 2017
- GOP Plan Puts Education Last, Fails to Remediate Walker’s Historic Cuts - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Aug 28th, 2017
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Jeramey Jannene
The funding will come through a non-state grant program that provides state bonding support for non-profit or local government projects that have a statewide public purpose.
The Museum’s popular annual event returns April 11–14 with art-inspired floral arrangements, workshops, lectures, a fashion show and family-friendly activities.
Statement from Evan Goyke (D-Milwaukee) on September 11th, 2013