GOP Passes $76 Billion Betrayal of our Values
The following is a statement from Senator Chris Larson regarding the Senate passage of the defenseless 2017-19 state budget
The following is a statement from Senator Chris Larson regarding the Senate passage of the defenseless 2017-19 state budget:
“We all are deeply concerned about our communities and our children’s future. Wisconsin families, friends, and neighbors are being left behind by Walker and state Republicans. Whereas my Democratic colleagues and I proposed ideas to strengthen our communities, reward hard work, and invest in our kids’ future, Republicans in the Senate sold Wisconsin to the highest bidder.
“Democrats offered several ideas that would supported Wisconsin working families by restoring the desperately needed funds that have been slashed from our kids’ schools the last few years, protecting our tax dollars by holding voucher schools accountable, and creating common sense paths to economic security.
“In addition, our budget amendments would have protected our children from being poisoned from lead by investing in lead abatement. We also would have provided greater health and financial security for our neighbors at no cost to the state through our BadgerCare buy-in amendment.
“Our amendments would have protected our neighbors’ personal data, by letting them keep it private. Our amendments would have helped those facing opioid addiction. Our amendments would have restored integrity in our elections, a Wisconsin tradition that has crumbled under one of the most-corrupt governor’s in our state’s history.
“Not only did each of these common sense amendment get rejected by the Republican majority, they largely refused to even defend their votes.
“This $76 billion betrayal of our values is a further slide away from where the great state of Wisconsin once was.”
More about the 2017-2019 WI State Budget
- GOP Passes $76 Billion Betrayal of our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen.Taylor on Budget Passage: “It’s Shameful” - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Sep 17th, 2017
- Ringhand Statement on State Budget - State Sen. Janis Ringhand - Sep 17th, 2017
- Sen. LaTonya Johnson Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - State Sen. LaTonya Johnson - Sep 17th, 2017
- Democrats Call for Campaign Integrity to be Restored in State Budget - State Sen. Chris Larson - Sep 17th, 2017
- AFP – WI Praises Governor Walker, Senate Conservatives for Improving State Budget - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 17th, 2017
- Governor Walker Releases Statement on Senate Passage of State Budget - Gov. Scott Walker - Sep 17th, 2017
- Speaker Vos Statement on Assembly Passage of 2017-2019 Budget - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Sep 14th, 2017
- AFP-Wisconsin Commends Rep. Scott Allen’s Call for PFA Audit - AFP Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2017
- Statement from Rep. Barca on Republican Budget - State Rep. Peter Barca - Sep 6th, 2017
- School aid payments delayed amid GOP budget fiasco - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Aug 31st, 2017
- Republicans Again Shortchanging our Kids, Betraying our Values - State Sen. Chris Larson - Aug 29th, 2017
- Republicans cut rural school aid, delay payments - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Aug 28th, 2017
- GOP Plan Puts Education Last, Fails to Remediate Walker’s Historic Cuts - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Aug 28th, 2017
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Chris Larson
State Senator Chris Larson Registers Fundraising Committee to Explore Running for Milwaukee County ExecutiveNov 12th, 2019 by State Sen. Chris Larson
"Today’s filing allows me to explore running for Milwaukee County Executive on a deeper level and a greater capacity to listen to our neighbors."
"Brad Pfaff was raised on a farm here in Wisconsin, is eminently qualified for this job, and deserved better than this from legislative Republicans."
"Support for legalizing and decriminalizing marijuana in Wisconsin has grown to be popular for many reasons."