The Milwaukee Show Times Two
The best of Milwaukee's filmmakers: one night for all and one of "filth" not suitable for kids.
There is no better staple of the Milwaukee Film Festival than The Milwaukee Show. Now a two-night event, the showings are compilations of locally-made short films. If you’re looking to support local filmmaking, the easiest first step is buying a ticket to one of these shows.
After every short, the respective filmmakers take the stage for a quick question-and-answer session. When you’re left asking “what the hell did I just see,” you’ll actually get an answer.
A word of warning to attendees: you’re going to absolutely love some of the shorts (I guarantee it) and you’re going to absolutely hate some (I guarantee this, too). The ones you love will be too short, the ones you hate too long. In the end you’ll leave the theater feeling good that you were there for the first major showing of many Milwaukee filmmakers’ careers. And a packed house makes this an always enjoyable experience.
This year the programming has been logically split into the standard Milwaukee Show and The Milwaukee Show: After Dark. The latter is not kid-friendly, which is presumably why it starts well after parents put the little ones to bed.
Milwaukee Film Says (about Show I)…
The cream of the local crop (one of the hottest tickets of the festival each year) comes together for a finely curated evening that puts the spotlight on our wildly creative filmmaking scene. Be it documentary, experimental, animated, or otherwise, you’ll want to be there to see their work on the big screen of the Oriental Theatre’s main house!
Milwaukee Film Says (about After Dark)…
Years spent marinating local filmmaking brains in the filth that is our Best Damn F*#@ing shorts program (pg. 100 in your books) has yielded this—a relentless journey into the frightening and funny, wacky, WTF weirdness cooked up by local filmmakers. Don’t bring your kids. Don’t bring any kids.
- Monday, October 21st, 7:30 p.m. – Oriental Theatre – Main Screen – Tickets
- Monday, October 28th, 9:30 p.m. – Oriental Theatre – Main Screen – Tickets
- Milwaukee Film Festival: ‘Cold Case Hammarskjöld’ a Surprise - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 28th, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: ‘Black Licorice’ a Milwaukee-Made Thriller - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 25th, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: ‘The Apollo’ Closes Festival - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 24th, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: My Favorite Films. So Far - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: ‘My First and Last Film’ - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 22nd, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: ‘Plucked’ Is a Local Crime Thriller - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 22nd, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: What’s Jeramey Watching? - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 18th, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: Five Films That Surprise - Dominique Paul Noth - Oct 17th, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: The Milwaukee Show Times Two - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 16th, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: Film Fest Bigger Than Ever - Dominique Paul Noth - Oct 16th, 2019
Read more about 2019 Film Festival here