State of the Other City Address
A Tale of two cities?
First off, I love this city and I believe we can have a great future if we bring attention to issues that desperately need our attention. But we have to be transparent with Milwaukee residents. The reality is this city has some major problems that are not being addressed.
According to 24/7 Wall Street Milwaukee is the worst place to live in the country if you are African American.
According to World Population Review, Milwaukee ranks 4th among major cities in terms of children living in poverty at 43%.
We have a toxic lead problem that is negatively impacting the long-term health both physically and mentally of many of our most vulnerable youth.
We have a crumbling infrastructure with pot holes that won’t go away.
The Mayor has misplaced priorities on issues such as the streetcar that will be taking needed resources that could be used to help address these neglected problems.
I have challenged the Mayor to a public debate and the Mayor has declined. The Mayor prefers to have press conferences and attend events where he does not have to face tough questions from the voters in this community. This strategy of hiding from open and public debates will not work for the Mayor. I won’t let him hide.
I am again calling on the Mayor to debate these and many more issues.
Citizens for T. Anthony Zielinski
- City Hall: Barrett, Taylor Debate Remotely for Mayor - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 30th, 2020
- 9 Election Takeaways - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 19th, 2020
- Vote Tuesday: Mayoral Candidates - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 14th, 2020
- City Hall: Presenting the “Real State of the City” - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 12th, 2020
- State of the Other City Address - Ald. Tony Zielinski - Feb 10th, 2020
- Barrett dodges debate? - Ald. Tony Zielinski - Feb 9th, 2020
- Slow To Question, Slow To Respond - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Jan 30th, 2020
- City Hall: Meet the Candidates for City Offices - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 15th, 2020
- City Hall: Conservative in Mayor Race Ejected - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 15th, 2020
- City Hall: Taylor Blames FPC Problems on Mayor - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 5th, 2019
Read more about 2020 Mayoral Race here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Tony Zielinski
No money for police, lead hazard issues or infrastructure, but let’s pump up the streetcar we can’t affordNov 1st, 2019 by Ald. Tony Zielinski
Statement of Alderman Tony Zielinski November 1, 2019
Statement of Alderman Tony Zielinski October 23, 2019