Governor-elect Tony Evers and Lt. Governor-elect Mandela Barnes Announce Senior Advisor, Deputy Transition Director, Personnel Advisory Council
Governor-elect Evers will make numerous new appointments in the near future.
MADISON – Today, Governor-elect Tony Evers and Lt. Governor-elect Mandela Barnes announced Aaron Olver as a senior advisor to lead the transition personnel recruitment efforts for their administration and Tia Torhorst as deputy transition director.
Olver is the managing director of University Research Park, a University of Wisconsin-Madison affiliate research and technology park supporting early-stage businesses. He helped lead former Governor Jim Doyle’s transition and later served as Department of Commerce secretary during the Doyle administration. A former Rhodes Scholar, Olver also served as economic development director for the city of Madison.
Olver will lead a committed group of people from across the state serving on the Personnel Advisory Council who will work to ensure the incoming administration is reflective of the talent that exists in every corner of the state. Governor-elect Evers and Lt. Governor-elect Barnes have asked these business and community leaders to assist their Transition Team by referring potential candidates for key state positions.
The Council is composed of twenty leaders who will help connect diverse, accomplished people who are eager and ready to work as a team to move Wisconsin forward. It includes:
• Griselda Aldrete, President & CEO, Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee
• Ruben L. Anthony Jr, PhD, President & CEO, Urban League of Greater Madison
• Buckley Brinkman, Executive Director/CEO, Wisconsin Center for Manufacturing and Productivity
• Frank Busalacchi, Former Secretary, Wisconsin Department of Transportation
• Melissa Cook, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager, Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin
• Michael J Decorah, Sr Intergovernmental Affairs Specialist, St Croix Chippewa Indians of Wisconsin
• Sean Dilweg, Former WI Insurance Commissioner, Sr Vice President Government Relations, MGIC
• Shirley Ellis, Senior Advisor/District Director, Gwen Moore, US House of Representatives
• Roberta Gassman, Former Secretary, Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
• Zach Halmstad, Co-founder and Partner, Pablo; Co-founder, Jamf
• Chris Her-Xiong, Founder/Executive Director, Hmong American Peace Academy, Ltd
• Ossie Kendrix, President, African American Chamber of Commerce
• Mike Laszkiewicz, Senior Vice President of Operations, Rockwell Automation
• Darryl Morin, President & CEO, Advanced Wireless Inc
• Barbara Nick, President & CEO, Dairyland Power Cooperative
• Angela Russell, Vice President Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, CUNA Mutual Group
• Mara Swan, Executive Vice President, Global Strategy and Talent, ManpowerGroup
• Bob Wills, Owner, Cedar Grove Cheese Company & Clock Shadow Creamery
• Mary Ellen Schill, Attorney, RuderWare
• Donsia Strong Hill, Former Secretary, WI Department of Regulation and Licensing/Executive Director, LISC Milwaukee
Governor-elect Evers will make numerous new appointments in the near future, but hiring a team for the new administration is a process that will play out over the next several months. Any application materials of qualified individuals submitted to the Transition Team will also be provided to incoming cabinet secretaries for additional consideration as they work on hiring their leadership teams.
Applicants may use the website to apply for positions at https://nws.wisconsin.egov.com/forms/governor/apply
Office of Governor-elect Tony Evers
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Evers
"Unfortunately, Republicans played politics with this issue for months, leaving Kimberly-Clark workers and their families in the dark and uncertain about their futures."
Governor-elect Tony Evers and Lt. Governor-elect Mandela Barnes Announce Agriculture, Energy, and Natural Resources Policy Advisory CouncilDec 10th, 2018 by Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Evers
"We’re going to bring science back to decision-making in Wisconsin."
Governor-elect Tony Evers and Lt. Governor-elect Mandela Barnes Announce Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform Policy Advisory CouncilDec 10th, 2018 by Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Evers
"We have to start prioritizing people, not prisons."