Gov. Scott Walker Political Operation Snagged $250,000 Check Mere Days After Meeting With Accused Russian Spy
‘Sure looks like Scott Walker's Non-Meeting Meant Something to Somebody’
According to a report in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
“Days after Walker’s photo was taken with Butina and Torshin, Our American Revival received $250,000 from Access Industries, a company founded by Ukrainian-born billionaire Len Blavatnik. Blavatnik, who has U.S. and U.K. citizenship, previously was part owner of a Russian oil company … Months after the Our American Revival donation, Access Industries gave $1.5 million to a super PAC supporting Walker’s presidential run.”
According to earlier news reports, the accused Russian spy, Maria Butina, used her NRA connections to get access to U.S. politicians, including Walker. Widely circulated photos show Butina pictured meeting with Walker at an Spring 2015 NRA event and attending the invite only kick-off of his presidential campaign in July 2015.
One Wisconsin Now previously noted how the NRA has had a 25-year relationship with Walker, starting with a $250 donation to his 1993 State Assembly campaign and totaling $3.5 million to date on behalf of his political ambitions.
One Wisconsin Now is a statewide communications network specializing in effective earned media and online organizing to advance progressive leadership and values.
- Op Ed: Is Walker a Russian Dupe? - Bill Kaplan - Jul 24th, 2018
- Gov. Scott Walker Political Operation Snagged $250,000 Check Mere Days After Meeting With Accused Russian Spy - One Wisconsin Now - Jul 20th, 2018
- What’s Walker Hiding? - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Jul 18th, 2018
- Campaign Cash: Russian Operative Highlights Walker’s NRA Ties - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jul 18th, 2018
- Matt Flynn Blasts Scott Walker for Meeting with Russian Spy - Matt Flynn - Jul 16th, 2018
- Plenty of Horne: Giuliani Can’t Practice Law in D.C. - Michael Horne - Jun 28th, 2018
- Pocan Statement Regarding Reports that Russian-Linked Facebook Ads Targeted Wisconsin - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Oct 4th, 2017
- Wisconsin Notified of Unsuccessful Russian Hacking Attempt - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Sep 22nd, 2017
- Murphy’s Law: Wisconsin A Key State for Russian Hacking - Bruce Murphy - Aug 8th, 2017
- Report Suggests Wisconsin Voters Targeted by Collusion Between Trump Campaign, Russian Fake News Operation - One Wisconsin Now - Jul 13th, 2017
Read more about Russian Affair here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by One Wisconsin Now
State Supreme Court Candidate Co-Authored Column Opposing Efforts to Clean Up Court Campaigns
Over $14,000 from Board Members of Right-Wing Legal Group to State Court Justice’s Campaign
Dan Kelly Supporters Want Court Action to Allow Enforcement of Abortion Ban Dating to 19th Century