What’s Walker Hiding?
Scott Walker can’t seem to get his facts straight about Russian agent; Washington Post contradicts Walker spokesman's story
Further, Walker has declined to take a position in response to a question about Trump‘s joint press conference with Putin in Helsinki, during which Trump sided with Putin over the US Intelligence Community.
In his attempts to downplay his interactions with Butina, Walker claimed that he met her among thousands of people in an atrium.
However, the Washington Post reports that Walker actually met with Butina in a much smaller VIP green room.
So, we have some questions:
- How did a then-26 year old agent of the Russian government get into a VIP area with Walker?
- Butina said that Walker did not show any “aggression” toward Russia in her meeting with him. What did Walker say about Russia in the interaction that left her with this impression?
- Why did Butina attend Walker’s presidential launch event after meeting him at the NRA?
- Why is Walker’s spokesperson claiming the NRA meeting took place in a large atrium when the Washington Post is reporting it in fact took place in a VIP green room?
- Is Walker the presidential candidate referenced in the FBI affidavit accompanying Butina’s indictment?
- Why did Walker’s PAC accept $1 million from Putin-linked oligarch Len Blavatnik, how was the donation solicited, and what meetings took place leading up to or following the contribution?
- Why did Walker decline to denounce Donald Trump’s press conference with Vladimir Putin, when Trump took Putin’s side over our own intelligence community and law enforcement?
- If Walker won’t stand up to Trump on Russia, on child separation, on Harley Davidson, or for dairy workers, what exactly will he stand up to Trump on?
“Wisconsinites deserve the truth. What is Scott Walker hiding?” –TJ Helmstetter, DPW spokesperson for 2018 governor race
More about the Russian Affair
- Op Ed: Is Walker a Russian Dupe? - Bill Kaplan - Jul 24th, 2018
- Gov. Scott Walker Political Operation Snagged $250,000 Check Mere Days After Meeting With Accused Russian Spy - One Wisconsin Now - Jul 20th, 2018
- What’s Walker Hiding? - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Jul 18th, 2018
- Campaign Cash: Russian Operative Highlights Walker’s NRA Ties - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jul 18th, 2018
- Matt Flynn Blasts Scott Walker for Meeting with Russian Spy - Matt Flynn - Jul 16th, 2018
- Plenty of Horne: Giuliani Can’t Practice Law in D.C. - Michael Horne - Jun 28th, 2018
- Pocan Statement Regarding Reports that Russian-Linked Facebook Ads Targeted Wisconsin - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Oct 4th, 2017
- Wisconsin Notified of Unsuccessful Russian Hacking Attempt - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Sep 22nd, 2017
- Murphy’s Law: Wisconsin A Key State for Russian Hacking - Bruce Murphy - Aug 8th, 2017
- Report Suggests Wisconsin Voters Targeted by Collusion Between Trump Campaign, Russian Fake News Operation - One Wisconsin Now - Jul 13th, 2017
- Rep. Pocan Statement on Former FBI Director James Comey’s Testimony on Trump and Russia - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Jun 8th, 2017
- Speaker Paul Ryan Swears House GOP To Secrecy Regarding Trump’s Ties To Russia, Spokesperson Lies About The Conversation - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 17th, 2017
- As FBI Confirms Russia Investigation - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Mar 21st, 2017
- FBI Investigation into Links Between Trump/Russia Highlights Need for Special Prosecutor - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Mar 20th, 2017
- Revelations about Sessions’ Contact with Russia Warrants his Removal - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Mar 2nd, 2017
- Senators Call for Independent Prosecutor to Investigate Trump Officials’ Collusion with Russia and Apparent White House Cover-Up - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Feb 15th, 2017
- Rep. Pocan Urges President Trump to Fully Declassify Report on Russian Interference in 2016 Election - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Feb 14th, 2017
- Murphy’s Law: Ron Johnson Asleep on Russian Hacking? - Bruce Murphy - Jan 10th, 2017
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Joins Call for Bipartisan Senate Select Committee Investigation of Russian Interference in 2016 Election - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Jan 3rd, 2017
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Statement on Russian Cyberattacks - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Dec 16th, 2016
- Wisconsin Comrades Set to Welcome Donald Trump, Whitewash Russian Attempts to Influence Elections - One Wisconsin Now - Dec 13th, 2016
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
"While we’re glad Scott Walker has decided to flee the state after having been rejected by voters, we’re all too familiar with his habit of breaking his promises."
Wisconsin Democrats call out Trump's broken promises as the President officially kicks off re-election bid
On this day in 2017 Trump accidentally told the truth about his toxic health care agenda