What’s Walker Hiding?
Scott Walker can’t seem to get his facts straight about Russian agent; Washington Post contradicts Walker spokesman's story
Further, Walker has declined to take a position in response to a question about Trump‘s joint press conference with Putin in Helsinki, during which Trump sided with Putin over the US Intelligence Community.
In his attempts to downplay his interactions with Butina, Walker claimed that he met her among thousands of people in an atrium.
However, the Washington Post reports that Walker actually met with Butina in a much smaller VIP green room.
So, we have some questions:
- How did a then-26 year old agent of the Russian government get into a VIP area with Walker?
- Butina said that Walker did not show any “aggression” toward Russia in her meeting with him. What did Walker say about Russia in the interaction that left her with this impression?
- Why did Butina attend Walker’s presidential launch event after meeting him at the NRA?
- Why is Walker’s spokesperson claiming the NRA meeting took place in a large atrium when the Washington Post is reporting it in fact took place in a VIP green room?
- Is Walker the presidential candidate referenced in the FBI affidavit accompanying Butina’s indictment?
- Why did Walker’s PAC accept $1 million from Putin-linked oligarch Len Blavatnik, how was the donation solicited, and what meetings took place leading up to or following the contribution?
- Why did Walker decline to denounce Donald Trump’s press conference with Vladimir Putin, when Trump took Putin’s side over our own intelligence community and law enforcement?
- If Walker won’t stand up to Trump on Russia, on child separation, on Harley Davidson, or for dairy workers, what exactly will he stand up to Trump on?
“Wisconsinites deserve the truth. What is Scott Walker hiding?” –TJ Helmstetter, DPW spokesperson for 2018 governor race
- Op Ed: Is Walker a Russian Dupe? - Bill Kaplan - Jul 24th, 2018
- Gov. Scott Walker Political Operation Snagged $250,000 Check Mere Days After Meeting With Accused Russian Spy - One Wisconsin Now - Jul 20th, 2018
- What’s Walker Hiding? - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Jul 18th, 2018
- Campaign Cash: Russian Operative Highlights Walker’s NRA Ties - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jul 18th, 2018
- Matt Flynn Blasts Scott Walker for Meeting with Russian Spy - Matt Flynn - Jul 16th, 2018
- Plenty of Horne: Giuliani Can’t Practice Law in D.C. - Michael Horne - Jun 28th, 2018
- Pocan Statement Regarding Reports that Russian-Linked Facebook Ads Targeted Wisconsin - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Oct 4th, 2017
- Wisconsin Notified of Unsuccessful Russian Hacking Attempt - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Sep 22nd, 2017
- Murphy’s Law: Wisconsin A Key State for Russian Hacking - Bruce Murphy - Aug 8th, 2017
- Report Suggests Wisconsin Voters Targeted by Collusion Between Trump Campaign, Russian Fake News Operation - One Wisconsin Now - Jul 13th, 2017
Read more about Russian Affair here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by One Wisconsin Now
State Supreme Court Candidate Co-Authored Column Opposing Efforts to Clean Up Court Campaigns
Over $14,000 from Board Members of Right-Wing Legal Group to State Court Justice’s Campaign
Dan Kelly Supporters Want Court Action to Allow Enforcement of Abortion Ban Dating to 19th Century