Poop Wristbands Draw Ire at Recount
Or was that chocolate ice cream? Talk Radio host Vickie McKenna is miffed.
Acrimony with Milwaukee County’s presidential recount started at the door on Tuesday morning.
All attendees have to go through a temperature check as they enter the Wisconsin Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave., and upon passing are given a paper wristband.
Provided by the venue owner, the Wisconsin Center District, the wristbands have differed each day including two that said VIP in different colors and others with flag themes.
Tuesday’s was the smiling poop emoji.
That drew criticism from conservative radio host Vicki McKenna.
“I always thought it was chocolate ice cream personally,” said Milwaukee County Clerk George Christenson in his press briefing. He said the process is managed entirely by the convention center district.
“They are probably just pulling what they have in stock,” said Christenson. “It’s a non-issue, everybody got one.” The convention center, with exception of a drastically downscaled Democratic National Convention, has been effectively vacant since March.
The wristband given out on Thursday during a media briefing of the recount had purple shapes. For a purple state?
The recount, scheduled to be completed before the December 1st deadline, is in its fifth day on Tuesday. Christenson said he thought it would be completed over the weekend, with approximately 45% of ballots already counted.
The City of Milwaukee found 386 sealed, but uncounted ballots Tuesday morning from a ward that Urban Milwaukee had previously identified as having a suspiciously low turnout.
- Legislature Refuses to Change Absentee Vote Counting Law - Nora Eckert - Dec 5th, 2020
- Supervisor Martin Thanks Election Commission for Successfully Completing the Recount - Sup. Felesia Martin - Dec 2nd, 2020
- State Elections Commission Gets Testy - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- State Declares Biden Won Election - Graham Kilmer - Nov 30th, 2020
- Recount Reaffirms that Wisconsin Voters Picked Joe Biden - A Better Wisconsin Together - Nov 30th, 2020
- AG Kaul Issues Statement on Completion of Partial Recount in Wisconsin - Josh Kaul - Nov 30th, 2020
- Wisconsin Recount Grows Biden’s Margin, But Trump Says Fight Isn’t Over - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Trump Promises Lawsuit Challenging Wisconsin Election Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Completes Recount - George Christenson - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Finished, Dane County Continuing - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
Read more about Presidential Recount here