Supervisor Martin Thanks Election Commission for Successfully Completing the Recount
MILWAUKEE – County Supervisor Felesia Martin commends the Milwaukee County Election Commission, led by the County Clerk’s office, for its diligent work in completing its recount of the 2020 presidential election. The Milwaukee County Election Commission completed the recount on Friday, November 27.
“I would like to extend a huge thank you to Election Commissioners Rick Baas, Dawn Martin, and Chairman Tim Posnanski, as well as County Clerk George Christenson, Elections Director Julietta Henry, the Election Commission staff, County Clerk staff and the Office of Corporation Counsel,” said Supervisor Martin. “I would also like to thank the local clerks from all 19 Milwaukee County municipalities, their staff and all the volunteers that participated in this recount process. Finally, a big shout out to Sheriff Earnell Lucas and the Sheriff’s deputies that ensured the safety of everyone that participated in the recount process at the Wisconsin Center, especially for securing the ballots 24/7 and protecting our votes.”
The recount’s results showed that Joe Biden’s vote count in Milwaukee County increased by 257 votes, for a revised total of 317,527. Donald Trump’s vote count increased by 125 votes, for a revised total of 134,482.
“Having fair, transparent, secure and honest elections is a priority of Milwaukee County,” stated Supervisor Martin. “I am thankful to you all for your service in protecting our vote.”
NOTE: This press release was submitted to Urban Milwaukee and was not written by an Urban Milwaukee writer. It has not been verified for its accuracy or completeness.
- Legislature Refuses to Change Absentee Vote Counting Law - Nora Eckert - Dec 5th, 2020
- Supervisor Martin Thanks Election Commission for Successfully Completing the Recount - Sup. Felesia Martin - Dec 2nd, 2020
- State Elections Commission Gets Testy - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- State Declares Biden Won Election - Graham Kilmer - Nov 30th, 2020
- Recount Reaffirms that Wisconsin Voters Picked Joe Biden - A Better Wisconsin Together - Nov 30th, 2020
- AG Kaul Issues Statement on Completion of Partial Recount in Wisconsin - Josh Kaul - Nov 30th, 2020
- Wisconsin Recount Grows Biden’s Margin, But Trump Says Fight Isn’t Over - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Trump Promises Lawsuit Challenging Wisconsin Election Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Completes Recount - George Christenson - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Finished, Dane County Continuing - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
Read more about Presidential Recount here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Sup. Felesia Martin
Forum will focus on Kops, Cooper, and Nash Park communities
Supervisors will introduce a resolution demanding audit
Praises hard work of local and federal leaders