Milwaukee County Completes Recount
MILWAUKEE – The Milwaukee County Election Commission completed its recount of the 2020 presidential election at about 5:30 p.m. Friday evening. The results showed that Joe Biden’s vote count increased by 257 votes, for a revised total of 317,527, and Donald Trump’s vote count increased by 125 votes, for revised total of 134,482.
George Christenson, Milwaukee County Clerk and Executive Director of the Milwaukee County Election Commission, thanked municipal clerks, elections workers, county staff, and others who participated in the process.
“A lot of people came together to make this recount a success and I would like to thank all them,” said Christenson. “First of all, thank you to our Election Commissioners, Rick Baas, Dawn Martin, and Chairman Tim Posnanski for their diligence, patience, and focus.
“Additionally, I want to thank the local clerks from all 19 Milwaukee County municipalities, and their staff and volunteers. Without them, this recount would have been more complicated and costly. I thank them for their commitment to public service.
“This recount demonstrated what we already know – that elections in Milwaukee County are fair, transparent, accurate and secure. We have once again led the way in demonstrating what “good government” means in Wisconsin.
“I also want to thank the Milwaukee County Sheriff Earnell Lucas and all the Sheriff’s Deputies who guarded the ballots 24/7 and ensured the safety of the hundreds of election workers and observers who were here every day, as well as our hosts, the Wisconsin Center and their staff, including security, ushers, cleaning crew, set up crews, and Conference Center Technologies, who provided the public with unprecedented access through their live-streaming service.”
The Wisconsin Election Commission must officially certify the election results by December 1.
- Murphy’s Law: How Vos Pushes The Big Lie - Bruce Murphy - Jun 1st, 2021
- Hesselbein Votes No to Republican Private Investigators - State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein - May 28th, 2021
- Robin Vos Wasting Taxpayer Resources To Investigate Non-Existent Voter Fraud - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission to Discuss Suspected Voter Fraud Reports for 2020 and 2021 Elections - Wisconsin Elections Commission - May 24th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here
- Legislature Refuses to Change Absentee Vote Counting Law - Nora Eckert - Dec 5th, 2020
- Supervisor Martin Thanks Election Commission for Successfully Completing the Recount - Sup. Felesia Martin - Dec 2nd, 2020
- State Elections Commission Gets Testy - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- State Declares Biden Won Election - Graham Kilmer - Nov 30th, 2020
- Recount Reaffirms that Wisconsin Voters Picked Joe Biden - A Better Wisconsin Together - Nov 30th, 2020
- AG Kaul Issues Statement on Completion of Partial Recount in Wisconsin - Josh Kaul - Nov 30th, 2020
- Wisconsin Recount Grows Biden’s Margin, But Trump Says Fight Isn’t Over - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Trump Promises Lawsuit Challenging Wisconsin Election Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Completes Recount - George Christenson - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Finished, Dane County Continuing - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
Read more about Presidential Recount here