Red, White and Wasted
The first in our annual series of previews. Have you ever been "mudding"?
How does a documentary about self-described rednecks in Florida that love to go “mudding” end up in the Cream City Cinema category at the Milwaukee Film Festival? The film was edited in Milwaukee by Barry Poltermann and Michael T. Vollman with Poltermann also serving as the film’s screenwriter.
The documentary follows Video Pat as he heads to the Redneck Yacht Club to party and engage in some “mudding” – the practice of spinning the wheels on your truck until the vehicle is covered in mud. Along the way Pat finds himself on an unexpected journey of self-discovery.
Milwaukee Film Says…
The Redneck Yacht Club is Florida’s premiere social group for mudding and is also a center of Confederate flags, alcohol, racism, and scantily clad twerking. This provocative doc, edited in Milwaukee, follows one of these mudding-obsessed Floridians as he navigates the world he loves, and ultimately learns about himself in the process. Red, White & Wasted is a surprisingly honest and human window into racism, classism, and one of the forgotten corners of our country.
- October 21st – 3:30 p.m. – Oriental Theatre East – Buy Tickets
- October 30th – 7:30 p.m. – Avalon Theater – Buy Tickets
More about the 2019 Film Festival
- Milwaukee Film Festival: ‘Plucked’ Is a Local Crime Thriller - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 22nd, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: What’s Jeramey Watching? - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 18th, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: Five Films That Surprise - Dominique Paul Noth - Oct 17th, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: The Milwaukee Show Times Two - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 16th, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: Film Fest Bigger Than Ever - Dominique Paul Noth - Oct 16th, 2019
- Milwaukee Film Festival: Red, White and Wasted - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 8th, 2019
- MKE Film: Announcing the Milwaukee-Made Films - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 20th, 2019