4 Ways To Get Involved In DNC
12,000 volunteers needed for 2020 Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee.
The 2020 Democratic National Convention will be held in Milwaukee, and as the saying goes “it takes a village.” The convention will take place from July 13th through July 16th, with approximately 50,000 people coming to the city. The host committee is touting a $200 million economic impact.
There are a number of ways you can get involved in the action, be it for pride or profit. You could make a buck, or, just maybe, you could be the volunteer that points Joe Biden to the best ice cream shop in town.
Volunteers will help do everything from supporting the 7,000 delegates to assisting with the logistics of navigating the city. A limited number of paid positions are available as well.
2. Register Your Business
Do you sell a widget or provide a service the host committee and its attendees could possibly need? The host committee is collecting suppliers, including their status as disadvantaged business enterprises, to support spreading the wealth. Sign-up online.
3. Rent A Room in Your House on Airbnb
You’ve no doubt heard that hotels are going to be in short supply. Airbnb, an online rental platform which was actually founded around the 2009 Presidential inauguration, helps you to turn your house into a source of short term income. Rent out the whole thing or just a room. Airbnb even provides insurance and a screening mechanism.
4. Donate to the Host Committee
It’s going to cost a lot to host the DNC, and the city won’t be chipping in. According to Barrett, approximately $50 million remains to be privately raised to host the event. Approximately $11 million has been pledged already.
Milwaukee Bucks vice president Alex Lasry leads the fundraising effort in his role as chair of The Good Land, the non-profit entity serving as the host committee. If you’ve got deep pockets, he wants to hear from you.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
More about the 2020 Democratic National Convention
- 4 Ways To Get Involved In DNC - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 15th, 2019
- Transportation: Streetcar Extension Planned To Start in September - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 14th, 2019
- City Hall: To Host DNC, Barrett Must Be Reelected - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 14th, 2019
- Why Did Democrats Choose Milwaukee? - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 11th, 2019
- City Hall: City Approves DNC Contract - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 11th, 2019
- City Hall: 12 Rules For City in DNC Convention Contract - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 11th, 2019
- City Wins 2020 Democratic Convention - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 11th, 2019
- Milwaukee Named Host City for 2020 Democratic National Convention - Milwaukee 2020 DNC Convention Committee - Mar 11th, 2019
- Statement by IBEW Local 494 Business Manager on Milwaukee being selected to host the 2020 Democratic National Convention - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 494 - Mar 11th, 2019
- Lt. Gov.-Elect Barnes Confident Funding Will be Secured to Host DNC - Corri Hess - Dec 27th, 2018
- Co-Chairs of the Milwaukee 2020 DNC Convention Host Committee Announced - Milwaukee 2020 DNC Convention Committee - Dec 17th, 2018
- Will Election Help City Get Convention? - Corri Hess - Nov 12th, 2018
- In the DNC Selection Process, Milwaukee is the Crème de la Crème - State Sen. Tim Carpenter - Jul 23rd, 2018
- Milwaukee Named Finalist for the 2020 Democratic National Convention - Milwaukee 2020 DNC Convention Committee - Jun 20th, 2018
- Milwaukee Submits Bid for the 2020 Democratic National Convention - Milwaukee 2020 DNC Convention Committee - Jun 18th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Meet the Finalists for Democratic National Convention - Jeramey Jannene - May 11th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Bidding for Democratic National Convention - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 21st, 2018