Rep. Pocan Urges President Trump to Fully Declassify Report on Russian Interference in 2016 Election
"I feel it is imperative the American people get all the facts…"
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan (D-WI) today sent a letter to President Trump urging the full declassification of the Intelligence Community report “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections.”
In a speech today on the House Floor Rep. Pocan said, “Given President Trump’s unwillingness to accept the reality of the Russian interference in our election, given the closeness of several leading members of the President’s cabinet to Russia, and given the recent resignation of our National Security Advisor over his dealings with Russia – I feel it is imperative the American people get all the facts… It’s really that simple. Let the people decide. Declassify the report.”
The full letter is below and an electronic version can be found here.
President Donald Trump
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20515
Dear President Trump:
I am writing to request that the fully classified version of the report “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections” be declassified for the benefit of all Americans. I strongly believe Americans have a right to know information which has yet to be declassified regarding Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Member of Congress
More about the Russian Affair
- Op Ed: Is Walker a Russian Dupe? - Bill Kaplan - Jul 24th, 2018
- Gov. Scott Walker Political Operation Snagged $250,000 Check Mere Days After Meeting With Accused Russian Spy - One Wisconsin Now - Jul 20th, 2018
- What’s Walker Hiding? - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Jul 18th, 2018
- Campaign Cash: Russian Operative Highlights Walker’s NRA Ties - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jul 18th, 2018
- Matt Flynn Blasts Scott Walker for Meeting with Russian Spy - Matt Flynn - Jul 16th, 2018
- Plenty of Horne: Giuliani Can’t Practice Law in D.C. - Michael Horne - Jun 28th, 2018
- Pocan Statement Regarding Reports that Russian-Linked Facebook Ads Targeted Wisconsin - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Oct 4th, 2017
- Wisconsin Notified of Unsuccessful Russian Hacking Attempt - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Sep 22nd, 2017
- Murphy’s Law: Wisconsin A Key State for Russian Hacking - Bruce Murphy - Aug 8th, 2017
- Report Suggests Wisconsin Voters Targeted by Collusion Between Trump Campaign, Russian Fake News Operation - One Wisconsin Now - Jul 13th, 2017
- Rep. Pocan Statement on Former FBI Director James Comey’s Testimony on Trump and Russia - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Jun 8th, 2017
- Speaker Paul Ryan Swears House GOP To Secrecy Regarding Trump’s Ties To Russia, Spokesperson Lies About The Conversation - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 17th, 2017
- As FBI Confirms Russia Investigation - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Mar 21st, 2017
- FBI Investigation into Links Between Trump/Russia Highlights Need for Special Prosecutor - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Mar 20th, 2017
- Revelations about Sessions’ Contact with Russia Warrants his Removal - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Mar 2nd, 2017
- Senators Call for Independent Prosecutor to Investigate Trump Officials’ Collusion with Russia and Apparent White House Cover-Up - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Feb 15th, 2017
- Rep. Pocan Urges President Trump to Fully Declassify Report on Russian Interference in 2016 Election - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Feb 14th, 2017
- Murphy’s Law: Ron Johnson Asleep on Russian Hacking? - Bruce Murphy - Jan 10th, 2017
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Joins Call for Bipartisan Senate Select Committee Investigation of Russian Interference in 2016 Election - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Jan 3rd, 2017
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Statement on Russian Cyberattacks - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Dec 16th, 2016
- Wisconsin Comrades Set to Welcome Donald Trump, Whitewash Russian Attempts to Influence Elections - One Wisconsin Now - Dec 13th, 2016
Recent Press Releases by U.S. Rep Mark Pocan
Pocan and Lowenthal Introduce Legislation Honoring 71st Anniversary of Human Rights Day and the Universal Declaration of Human RightsJul 25th, 2019 by U.S. Rep Mark Pocan
Pocan and Lowenthal’s legislation currently has the support of 27 other House Members.
"The Raise the Wage Act gives a well-deserved raise to nearly a quarter of the workforce and takes a step in the right direction to level the playing field."