Milwaukee Police address misinformation regarding motive of suspect involved in active shooter incident
The Milwaukee Police Department is aware of claims regarding the motive of the suspect involved in the recent Molson Coors shooting incident on February 26, 2020. Various sources have reported that the suspect’s actions were racially motivated and that he was directly impacted by racism while working for the company.
Milwaukee Police detectives have interviewed several witnesses regarding the suspect’s actions and statements leading up to the incident. As a result of the preliminary investigation, neither race nor racism has been identified as a factor in this incident. This investigation remains ongoing.
Based on the preliminary investigation, the Milwaukee Police Department is not aware of any of the victims targeted in the mass shooting being involved in any inappropriate or racist behavior toward the suspect. Therefore, the narrative of retaliation being the suspect’s motive has not been substantiated.
Additional information regarding this incident will be available once the investigation concludes. Until then, it is imperative to wait for the fact of the investigation to be releases rather than speculating and generating a false narrative that could negatively impact the lives of the family members of the victims and of the suspect, as well as the employees of Molson Coors.
We continue to send our prayers to all of the families involved in this tragic incident as they grieve their loved ones.
- As Molson Coors Restarts, Company Looks at Culture - Corri Hess - Mar 6th, 2020
- Milwaukee Police address misinformation regarding motive of suspect involved in active shooter incident - Milwaukee Police Department - Mar 4th, 2020
- Kaul Calls for More Gun Safety Laws - Shamane Mills - Mar 4th, 2020
- Community Honors Shooting Victims - Alana Watson - Mar 2nd, 2020
- Molson Coors Shooting Restarts Gun Debate - Isiah Holmes - Mar 1st, 2020
- Remembering the Molson Coors Victims - Corrinne Hess and Megan Hart - Feb 29th, 2020
- Hundreds Attend Vigil For Molson Coors Shooting Victims - Alana Watson - Feb 28th, 2020
- Brewery Workers Local 9- February 28, 2020 - Brewery Workers Local 9 UAW - Feb 28th, 2020
- Shooting at Molson Coors Left 6 Dead, Including Gunman - WPR Staff - Feb 27th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of the Victims of the Molson Coors Tragedy - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 27th, 2020
Read more about Shooting at Molson Coors here