Brewery Workers Local 9- February 28, 2020
Sadly, yesterday we learned that we lost three of our Brewery Workers Local 9 UAW members in the workplace shooting that occurred at the Milwaukee Brewery on February 26th, they were Powerhouse Operators:
Gennady (Gene) Levshetz, 61, of Mequon, WI, Seniority date – 5/5/2008 11 years & 9 mo. Jesus (Jesse) Valle Jr., 33 of Milwaukee, WI, Seniority date – 1/6/2014 6 years & 1 mo. Trevor Wetselaar, 33, of Milwaukee, WI, Seniority date – 6/15/2018 1 year & 8 mo.
Words cannot express the pain and grief the membership of Local 9 is feeling over this tragic event that has left us forever scarred. We also mourn the loss of our coworkers that were members of IAM & IBEW:
We will be coordinating with the other Unions at the brewery and with MolsonCoors leadership to plan ways to memorialize and pay respect to our brothers, which are in line with the wishes of the families. Just as important will be the effort on the part of all, to ensure that when operations resume at the Milwaukee Brewery that the returning workforce feels safe, and that we will be a group that works together to solve issues in order to become stronger. Words like #milwaukeestrong and #millerstrong should not just be slogans and taglines without meaning. They should become a mantra to help us move forward. This horrific incident must be one that propels us to overcome our differences while teaching us how to come together.
In the days, weeks and months ahead we will work with MolsonCoors leadership and the International UAW to make sure that support will be available for our members and their families as they deal with the effects of this tragedy. We would also like to thank the entire community for the outpouring of support they have shown for all of the victims and everyone affected by this unthinkable act.
Signed Brewery Workers Local 9 UAW Leadership
- As Molson Coors Restarts, Company Looks at Culture - Corri Hess - Mar 6th, 2020
- Milwaukee Police address misinformation regarding motive of suspect involved in active shooter incident - Milwaukee Police Department - Mar 4th, 2020
- Kaul Calls for More Gun Safety Laws - Shamane Mills - Mar 4th, 2020
- Community Honors Shooting Victims - Alana Watson - Mar 2nd, 2020
- Molson Coors Shooting Restarts Gun Debate - Isiah Holmes - Mar 1st, 2020
- Remembering the Molson Coors Victims - Corrinne Hess and Megan Hart - Feb 29th, 2020
- Hundreds Attend Vigil For Molson Coors Shooting Victims - Alana Watson - Feb 28th, 2020
- Brewery Workers Local 9- February 28, 2020 - Brewery Workers Local 9 UAW - Feb 28th, 2020
- Shooting at Molson Coors Left 6 Dead, Including Gunman - WPR Staff - Feb 27th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of the Victims of the Molson Coors Tragedy - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 27th, 2020
Read more about Shooting at Molson Coors here