Milwaukee County Recount Back on Schedule
MILWAUKEE – After the first two days of Milwaukee County’s recount of the 2020 presidential election were bogged down by several lengthy objections, Milwaukee County Clerk George Christenson says the recount is back on schedule.
“We are back on track and things are running very smoothly,” said Christenson. “I am incredibly appreciative of hard work of the local clerks, their election staff and my election staff who are completing their work in a timely and orderly fashion. We are moving right along, and expect we’ll be done before the end of the weekend.”
By noon on Wednesday, workers had processed approximately 413,000 out of 460,000 ballots, including all 169,000 absentee ballots from the City of Milwaukee, and most of Milwaukee’s ballots that were cast in-person at individual polling locations on Election Day.
Only two municipalities had yet to complete their count as of noon on Wednesday: The City of Greenfield, which was about halfway finished with the machine counting process, and the City of Milwaukee.
Results of the recount are due to the Wisconsin Election Commission by 12:00 p.m. on Dec. 1.
- Vos Backtracks on Election Audit - Melanie Conklin - Jul 31st, 2021
- Statement on Recent Election Misinformation - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Jul 27th, 2021
- State Elections Chair Wants Arizona-Style Audit - Melanie Conklin - Jul 27th, 2021
- Data Wonk: The Private Election Grants Didn’t Help Biden - Bruce Thompson - Jun 16th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: How Vos Pushes The Big Lie - Bruce Murphy - Jun 1st, 2021
- Hesselbein Votes No to Republican Private Investigators - State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein - May 28th, 2021
- Robin Vos Wasting Taxpayer Resources To Investigate Non-Existent Voter Fraud - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission to Discuss Suspected Voter Fraud Reports for 2020 and 2021 Elections - Wisconsin Elections Commission - May 24th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here
- Legislature Refuses to Change Absentee Vote Counting Law - Nora Eckert - Dec 5th, 2020
- Supervisor Martin Thanks Election Commission for Successfully Completing the Recount - Sup. Felesia Martin - Dec 2nd, 2020
- State Elections Commission Gets Testy - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- State Declares Biden Won Election - Graham Kilmer - Nov 30th, 2020
- Recount Reaffirms that Wisconsin Voters Picked Joe Biden - A Better Wisconsin Together - Nov 30th, 2020
- AG Kaul Issues Statement on Completion of Partial Recount in Wisconsin - Josh Kaul - Nov 30th, 2020
- Wisconsin Recount Grows Biden’s Margin, But Trump Says Fight Isn’t Over - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Trump Promises Lawsuit Challenging Wisconsin Election Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Completes Recount - George Christenson - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Finished, Dane County Continuing - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
Read more about Presidential Recount here