MCTS Announces Detours Ahead of the DNC
Service Delays Expected Saturday, August 15 at 6 p.m. through Friday, August 21 Midday
MILWAUKEE (August 14, 2020) — Even though a smaller event is planned for the Democratic National Convention (DNC) at the Wisconsin Center, the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) expects to have some service delays related to detours around the facility. Affected routes include 12, 14, 19, 30, 57, 80, Blueline and Goldline. Temporary bus stop signs will be posted.
In addition to DNC-related activities, there may be multiple demonstrations and marches happening near the Wisconsin Center during that time frame. It’s possible that rolling street closures may lead to additional detours and delays to bus service.
The following route changes will be in effect:
- Wisconsin Ave East-West Routes: Rt 14 (Humboldt-16th-Forest Home), Rt 30 (UMW-Sherman Blvd), GoldLine (UWM-Wisconsin Ave-Bluemound Rd) and Blueline (National Ave-Fond du Lac Ave) will detour via State Street between Water and 10th/11th Streets.
- Route 12 (12th-Teutonia) and Route 31 (12th-Highland) will maintain service to stops on 12th and also near the 5th & St. Paul Intermodal Station (IMS). Stops on Wisconsin Ave between 10th and 6th will be temporarily suspended.
- Route 57 (Water-Walnut) will see minor impacts, temporarily suspending stops on Michigan. Service to the IMS at 5th & St. Paul will be maintained.
- Route 19 (3rd Street/King Drive) will detour via Water between the Third Ward and Juneau Ave, maintaining opportunities for transfer connections with east-west routes.
- Route 80 (6th Street) will detour via 12th Street from Wisconsin Ave to Highland Ave, maintaining opportunities for transfer connections with east-west routes.
Stay up-to-date on detours and service changes by checking RideMCTS.com/alerts frequently during the convention
- City Hall: How Much Did DNC Cost Milwaukee? - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 16th, 2020
- Get Your DNC Memorabilia - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 25th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Will Biden’s DNC Snub Hurt Him In State? - Bruce Murphy - Aug 24th, 2020
- Activist Coalition Holds Largest March of DNC - Ethan Duran - Aug 21st, 2020
- DNC: Last Night Brings Little Exposure for Milwaukee - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 20th, 2020
- With DNC as Backdrop, A Discussion of Black Liberation - Ethan Duran - Aug 20th, 2020
- Suburban Protesters March From Tosa to DNC - Ethan Duran - Aug 20th, 2020
- DNC: With A “Holy Mackerel” Tony Evers Kicks Off DNC - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 19th, 2020
- DNC Rural Council Snubs Wisconsin - Henry Redman - Aug 19th, 2020
- Pop-Up Poetry Protest Performs Downtown - Ethan Duran - Aug 19th, 2020
Read more about DNC here