Kenosha activists respond to tonight’s Officer Sheskey announcement
“The decision to put Rusten Sheskey back on our streets isn’t a slap in the face. It’s seven shots in the back of every Black and brown person in Kenosha, and the message is clear: your lives aren’t worth the effort,” said Justin Blake and the Leaders of Kenosha. “For years, people in power have let outdated laws and piecemeal solutions prop up America’s racist culture of policing. President Biden promised the Blake family and Black and brown families across the country that he’d take bold action in his first 100 days. We expect him to end his silence on this and other recent police murders, and take action now.”
Organizers are currently planning actions in response to the decision. Respond to this email, or call or text Madeline Stocker at 860.808.7857 to stay connected to future actions.
The Leaders of Kenosha is a grassroots organizing group formed after the Justice for Jacob protests, led by local activists engaged in racial justice work. LOK works to ensure equitable access to resources and opportunities in Kenosha and throughout Wisconsin and the United States, with a focus on the Black community.
The Wisconsin Working Families Party is a multiracial grassroots political group that recruits, trains and elects progressive leaders across the state.
- Kenosha Activists Arrested During Protest of Jacob Blake - Henry Redman - May 6th, 2021
- Body Cameras Key To Charges Against Police - Corri Hess - May 4th, 2021
- Wisconsin Police Donated to Officer that Shot Jacob Blake - Jenny Peek and Corrinne Hess - Apr 16th, 2021
- Kenosha activists respond to tonight’s Officer Sheskey announcement - Leaders of Kenosha - Apr 13th, 2021
- Kenosha Police Department Statement on Officer Rusten Sheskey’s Return From Administrative Leave - Kenosha Police Department - Apr 13th, 2021
- Jacob Blake Sues Kenosha Officer Who Shot Him - Corri Hess - Mar 26th, 2021
- Community Leaders Lament Jacob Blake Decision - PrincessSafiya Byers - Jan 9th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Kenosha DA Decision - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 7th, 2021
- Body Cameras Would Have Helped Jacob Blake Shooting Investigation - Corri Hess - Jan 7th, 2021
- Joint Statement on Charging Decision in Jacob Blake Case - Milwaukee Common Council - Jan 6th, 2021
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here