DPW Statement on Changes to the Democratic National Convention
(WISCONSIN) — Today, Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Ben Wikler released the following statement in response to changes to the Democratic National Convention:
“Protecting the public’s health is a core value for Democrats. The fact that keeping Wisconsin safe requires making the convention fully virtual illustrates the total failure of Donald Trump to control the coronavirus pandemic, reflects Joe Biden’s commitment to making life better for Wisconsinites and all Americans, and underscores the life-and-death necessity of making Joe Biden the next President of the United States.
“Unlike Republicans, protecting the public’s health is the utmost priority for Democrats. The decision only further reflects that we need Joe Biden’s commitment to ensuring the safety of all Americans in the White House.
“Throughout this crisis, Democrats have shown smart and rational leadership. From Vice President Biden to Governor Evers and down to local officials, Democrats are living their values, and demonstrating their willingness to make the tough decisions necessary to put the public good first. Today, as Republicans threaten to attack Governor Evers’s mask mandate and Donald Trump and his colleagues refuse to help Americans navigate this crisis, Democrats will hold a convention that will energize voters around the clear choice in this year’s election.”
- City Hall: How Much Did DNC Cost Milwaukee? - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 16th, 2020
- Get Your DNC Memorabilia - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 25th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Will Biden’s DNC Snub Hurt Him In State? - Bruce Murphy - Aug 24th, 2020
- Activist Coalition Holds Largest March of DNC - Ethan Duran - Aug 21st, 2020
- DNC: Last Night Brings Little Exposure for Milwaukee - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 20th, 2020
- With DNC as Backdrop, A Discussion of Black Liberation - Ethan Duran - Aug 20th, 2020
- Suburban Protesters March From Tosa to DNC - Ethan Duran - Aug 20th, 2020
- DNC: With A “Holy Mackerel” Tony Evers Kicks Off DNC - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 19th, 2020
- DNC Rural Council Snubs Wisconsin - Henry Redman - Aug 19th, 2020
- Pop-Up Poetry Protest Performs Downtown - Ethan Duran - Aug 19th, 2020
Read more about DNC here