- May 14th, 2019 by Jeramey Jannene
- May 2nd, 2019 by Jennifer Rick
- May 1st, 2019 by Jeramey Jannene
- Apr 26th, 2019 by Jeramey Jannene
- Apr 3rd, 2019 by Corri Hess
- Mar 26th, 2019 by Jeramey Jannene
Recent Press Releases Referencing Harambee
Statement of Alderman Cavalier Johnson - December 13, 2018
The MLK Homes initiative builds upon MLKEDC’s successful history of housing development over the past 20 years.
Historic renovations of the underutilized Nunn Bush Shoe Factory and vacant former Fifth Street School are a dream come true for seniors, veterans, jobs seekers… and the late Welford Sanders. Presenters and guests include City of Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, the family of Welford Sanders, community members and project partners.
Restaurateur Dwight Jackson proposed to purchase the building and invest $900,000 in a restaurant and catering operation in April 2019.
Redeveloped into 48 senior apartments in 2018 by Gorman & Company.
Historic 4th Street School redeveloped into apartments by a partnership of Joshua Jeffers and Melissa Goins.
Apartment building with first-floor commercial space. Home to America's Black Holocaust Museum.
Two-building complex containing apartments and office space.
- King Drive project would fulfill Welford Sanders’ legacy - Aug 17th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- New buyer possible for former Ponderosa on King Drive - Jul 24th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Apartments planned for north side, Walker’s Point project receive initial approvals - Dec 18th, 2014 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Proposals call for redeveloping buildings on Milwaukee’s north side - Nov 17th, 2014 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Real estate donations create tax benefits for sellers - Oct 18th, 2014 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Proposed zoning change for north side building delayed - Oct 22nd, 2012 - Tom Daykin