Mayor Says Streetcar is “Trojan Horse”
Streetcar will be first leg of what he hopes will be a more extensive rail system.
“Some say the streetcar is a Trojan Horse. … I am here to say it is a Trojan Horse.”
-Mayor Tom Barrett
The Great Hall of the People took on a festive air on Monday, April 15th, when a group of several hundred young professionals gathered at the Young Professionals Week “Hangout” in the City Hall Rotunda to discuss “Sustainability in a Modern City,” a panel discussion – networking event of a sort quite popular these days.
The mayor made his way down from his office on the floor above, while the crowd milled about during a socializing session, eating free Tazino’s pizza and drinking very little of the free Blue Moon Agave Ale. Have you tried one?
The mayor’s remarks on the streetcar hinted at behind-the-scenes planning to expand the scope of the proposed streetcar. Delays, including interference from utilities and static from the AM radio airwaves, have left us the only one of the nation’s 25 largest cities without rail transit, according to the mayor. He asked the young people “to make history happen,” and the crowd gave its most enthusiastic response of the evening. Among those present were the streetcar’s principal aldermanic supporters, Bob Bauman and Nik Kovac.
However, the streetcar remained on its sidings until after Barrett brought up his #1 topic these days, namely the legislative attack on the city residency. Barrett enumerated many of the points found in our story, “How to Crush Milwaukee” in Urban Milwaukee in February.
It bugs the mayor, he said, when a public employee (usually a cop or fireman) says to him, “I have to live in the city.”
Barrett said the move to end the residency law, in place since 1938, was prompted solely by police and fire department factions. But, he noted, there had been only a handful of voluntary separations from those departments, while there were 5,270 applicants for 100 jobs in the departments, both of city residents and those willing to move here.
Barrett also hinted at a possible behind-the-scenes legal development in the situation, calling ending residency requirements a “policy act that has no place in the budget [bill].” This could be an arguable issue before a court of law, should the legislature prevail.
The city has laid out its argument against including the residency provisions in the budget bill in an 8-point memo from the Intergovernmental Relations Division of the Department of Administration.
According to the memo, “Right now, our goal is to ask members of the Joint Committee on Finance to recognize the provision as non-fiscal policy and to require that it be heard through the regular legislative committee process.”
ABOUT THE “TROJAN HORSE”
Then-County Executive Scott Walker was the first to call Barrett’s plan “really just a Trojan Horse for light rail” in 2007, when Barrett outfoxed him in securing the greater share of a decades-old federal transit appropriation. Barrett himself was quoted as using the “Trojan Horse” analogy in a September 2009 Urban Milwaukee article announcing the proposed routes for the system, where he adopted the term for his own purposes. (The article was written by Urban Milwaukee president Jeramey Jannene, who hosted the panel discussion at The Hangout.)
At around the time of the City Hall event Monday, an Amtrak locomotive was hauling a 13-car Milwaukee-built passenger trainset to the Pacific northwest, where it is to be put into the Cascade service between Portland, Seattle and Vancouver. [See Urban Milwaukee Facebook photo.] The trainset was one of four assembled at the Talgo facility in Century City. Talgo is now suing the State of Wisconsin over its failure to pay for two trainsets that Talgo substantially completed under a contract with the state. [See “Did the State Screw Talgo?” Urban Milwaukee, May 2012.]
WILL WALKER BE ABOARD CHINESE BULLET TRAIN?
At the time of this writing, Governor Walker is in China where he is leading a trade mission from April 13-21. The conference includes Milwaukeeans Dean Amhaus of the Milwaukee Water Council, Tim Sheehy of the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce and Ed Moreland, head of government affairs for Harley-Davidson, who opened a new dealership in Tianjin China Tuesday, with Walker appearing on a Hog. [photo] Participants paid $7,075 to join the delegation.
The tour delegation will split up Wednesday, and regroup Thursday, according to a schedule for the event, with some traveling to Shanghai by air from Harbin, while another group will travel from Hefei to Shanghai by rail. The governor’s office did not respond to an e-mail request from Plenty of Horne asking if Walker will be on the train, which covers the 465 kilometer distance in 3 hours, or about 96 miles per hour.
SUE BLACK’S TEAM PURCHASE INCLUDES CHARITY
When Sue Black was named CEO (and later owner) of the Milwaukee Wave Indoor Soccer Team earlier this year, she said that one of her priorities was its “Milwaukee Wave of Hope” charity, a 501(c)(3) corporation. Indeed, the foundation was mentioned as one of the assets Black purchased when she bought the team from Jim Lindenberg.
So what is the “Wave of Hope?” It consists of several programs, including “Making Waves,” described in its website as “the largest, multifaceted, multimedia community outreach program by a professional sports team in the state.
“In 2009, the Milwaukee Wave soccer players went to more than 100 Wisconsin schools and approximately 23,000 students, teachers, administrators and family members.”
The charity also provides 100 tickets to each Waves home game to local organizations.
Gifts to the foundation totaled $89,768 in 2011, the most recent year for which information is available. An additional $40,649 was raised from a charity dinner and a golf outing. Disbursements, mostly to children’s charities, totaled $130,653.
(Here is the Milwaukee Wave of Hope IRS 990 PF.)
BRADLEY FOUNDATION PRIZE WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED
The 10th annual Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation Prizes will be announced over the next 3-4 weeks, according to Terri Famer, Vice President for Administration of Wisconsin’s largest foundation, with $574 million in assets.
The conservative-leaning organization awards up to four $250,000 prizes annually, usually to winners who don’t need the cash. Past “innovative thinkers and practitioners whose achievements strengthen the legacy of the Bradley brothers and the ideas to which they were committed” include Edwin Meese III, Jeb Bush and George F. Will, the Washington Post columnist who is also a member of the foundation’s board of directors.
The Bradley Foundation spends heavily in its “Bradley Legacy Civic Identity” giving, donating millions of dollars annually to non-political civic groups in Milwaukee like its orchestras, museums and charities and to private colleges in Wisconsin.
But the great majority of the 2011 $34 million in grants paid were in such areas as “Civil Society,” “Law and Society,” “National Defense and Foreign Policy,” “Public Discourse,” and “Public Policy Research.” The foundation has long been the biggest funder of conservative policy making in the nation.
The foundation has already booked the Terrace Theater at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. for 90 minutes on Wed., Jun. 12, 2013, for the celebration of its prize winners. Party starts at 7:30 p.m.
AROUND THE TOWN
The Milwaukee Messenger Invitational XII is set to hit the streets at “High Noon, 4/20, Milwaukee” according to the Eric von Munz-designed t-shirt for Milwaukee’s longest-running alleycat bicycle race. As usual, there won’t be an empty sofa or futon from Bay View to Riverwest as messengers come in from out of town on what might be a rainy day. The race originates from the downtown headquarters of Breakaway Bicycle Courier, which is to say the alley behind 224 E. Wells St., in the Century Building. The pre-party will be Friday evening at the Uptowner, 1032 E. Center St., hosted by DJ Armahn “The Hammer” Gonz.
…Hundreds of hungry folks descended on the Italian Community Center, 631 E. Chicago St. Sunday, April 14th for the 18th annual “Taste of Italy.” The event offers dozens of stations of Italian specialties prepared by volunteers from the many Italian social organizations in town, including the Societa di San Giuseppe, which offered three different soups served up by Judge John DiMotto and other members. This annual event is one of the best deals in town, with 7 tickets, good for food and drink, for only $10. …The Milwaukee Brewing Company is in the process of installing solar panels [photo] on its roof that will reduce energy costs by 27 percent. …Despite the terrible muddy conditions, work continues on the foundation of the 14-unit WiRED Properties development at 1530 N. Jackson St., with workers from Hunzinger Construction putting in some weekend hours to keep the project on schedule. … Dan Fitzgibbons got committee approval Tuesday for his proposed tavern “The Curve,” 1634 N. Water St. Among the entertainments checked off on his license: “Wrestling, comedy and poetry.” Quite a combo.
“I think they will go well together,” Fitzgibbons tells Plenty of Horne.
What kind of wrestling?
“Dick the Bruiser type wrestling, jello wrestling, all sorts of wrestling.”
How about Beer Pong?
“They didn’t have a category for that,” he said.
MORE INTERESTING NEWS
A special fundraising event is scheduled for Milwaukee’s Comedy Cafe, 615 E. Brady Street, April 26th, for the benefit of Milwaukee Police Sergeant Sebastian Raclaw, who has stage 4 cancer of the abdominal cavity, a rare diagnosis. The 35-year old Raclaw is not accepting personal donations, but has established a foundation through the Medical College of Wisconsin to support research into this disease. Admission is $10 at the door. A 6 p.m. show has been added to the event, details here.
More about the Milwaukee Streetcar
For more project details, including the project timeline, financing, route and possible extensions, see our extensive past coverage.
- Council Needs to Direct Resources Toward Citizen/Community Priorities: Our Neighborhoods - Ald. Bob Donovan - May 23rd, 2019
- Streetcar expansion plan has some missing pieces - Ald. Russell Stamper, II - May 21st, 2019
- Transportation: Council Holds Streetcar Extension - Jeramey Jannene - May 21st, 2019
- More streetcar amenities or fixed streets and better services? - Ald. Tony Zielinski - May 20th, 2019
- Transportation: Breaking Down the Streetcar Financing Plan - Jeramey Jannene - May 16th, 2019
- Bronzeville Business Owners Desire the Streetcar - Andrea Waxman - May 16th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: A Town Square for Downtown Milwaukee - Jeramey Jannene - May 14th, 2019
- Transportation: Council Clears Path for Streetcar Lawsuit - Jeramey Jannene - May 7th, 2019
- Mayor Barrett: Secure Our Neighborhoods, Fix Our Streets, and Enough with Your Damned Streetcar - Ald. Bob Donovan - May 6th, 2019
- Streetcar extensions’ preliminary engineering work brings hope for development, jobs and more - Ald. Milele Coggs - May 3rd, 2019
- Firm commitment needed to bring streetcar to the South Side - Ald. Jose Perez - May 3rd, 2019
- Transportation: 11 Key Facts About Streetcar Extensions - Jeramey Jannene - May 2nd, 2019
- Transportation: Barrett Talks Up Streetcar Extension - Jeramey Jannene - May 2nd, 2019
- Proposed streetcar expansion expensive, ill-advised and premature - Ald. Bob Donovan - May 2nd, 2019
- Transportation: Mayor Wants Three Streetcar Extensions - Jeramey Jannene - May 1st, 2019
- Transportation: 11 Streetcar Lawsuits Coming - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 23rd, 2019
- Transportation: Bucks, City Unveil “Fear the Deer” Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 12th, 2019
- Statement from The Hop Regarding Ridership - The Hop - Mar 15th, 2019
- Transportation: Streetcar Extension Planned To Start in September - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 14th, 2019
- Transportation: Streetcar Manager Leaving - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 28th, 2019
- Data Wonk: Not All Conservatives Oppose Streetcar - Bruce Thompson - Feb 13th, 2019
- Transportation: Track The Hop in Real Time - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 12th, 2019
- Transportation: Should the Streetcar Be Free? - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 18th, 2019
- The Hop Announces December Ridership Data - Mayor Tom Barrett - Jan 15th, 2019
- Transportation: City Extending Streetcar to Convention Center - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 8th, 2019
- Transportation: Streetcar Real Time App Coming “As Quickly As Possible” - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 8th, 2019
- The Hop Announces Holiday Hours for Christmas and New Year’s - The Hop - Dec 19th, 2018
- The Hop Announces November Ridership Data - The Hop - Dec 18th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: The Hop Has a Schedule - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 8th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Opens to Public - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 2nd, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: 11 Things to Know Before You Ride The Hop - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 1st, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Take A Virtual Ride on The Hop - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 29th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: When Will The Hop Have a Schedule? - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 25th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar On Time and On Budget - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 25th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: New Development Plans for Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Engaging Businesses Along The Hop Route - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 22nd, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Suffers First Collision - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 9th, 2018
- ‘Hop-able’ Open House Slated for October 10 - The Hop - Oct 4th, 2018
- Property Values Climb Along The Hop Streetcar Route - City of Milwaukee - Oct 2nd, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Service Starts November 2nd - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 28th, 2018
- Fifth and Final Milwaukee Streetcar Vehicle Due to Arrive Tomorrow - City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works - Sep 6th, 2018
- Promises Not Kept - Ald. Bob Donovan - Aug 28th, 2018
- Norquist: Why Milwaukee Needs a Streetcar - John Norquist - Aug 24th, 2018
- Streetcar Called “Disaster” - Ald. Mark Borkowski - Aug 17th, 2018
- Third Milwaukee Streetcar Vehicle Due to Arrive on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works - Jul 24th, 2018
- Hop on The Hop at Bastille Days This Weekend - City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works - Jul 13th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Starts Widespread Testing - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 19th, 2018
- Public Invited to Hop on Board The Hop at Streetcar Open House - Mayor Tom Barrett - May 25th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Renderings for Streetcar Extensions - Jeramey Jannene - May 23rd, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Advances Streetcar Extension Plans - Jeramey Jannene - May 22nd, 2018
- Second Milwaukee Streetcar Vehicle Due to Arrive on Monday, May 14, 2018 - City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works - May 11th, 2018
- Jobs Fair for Milwaukee Streetcar Positions Set for Wednesday, May 2 at Maintenance Facility - City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works - Apr 26th, 2018
- Plenty of Horne: Streetcar Barn is Hopping - Michael Horne - Apr 6th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Presents First Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 26th, 2018
- First Milwaukee Streetcar Vehicle Has Departed Manufacturer In Pennsylvania, Due to Arrive At New Home Early Next Week - City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works - Mar 23rd, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: First Streetcar Heading to Milwaukee - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 16th, 2018
- Join Us Tonight For The Third Community Workshop For The Moving Milwaukee Forward Study - City of Milwaukee - Jan 31st, 2018
- Bastille Days announces new footprint for 2018 festival - East Town Association - Jan 25th, 2018
- Op Ed: Don’t Make Streetcar Rides Free - Jay Bullock - Jan 2nd, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: $65 Million Spent on Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 18th, 2017
- Transit Workers Union Announces Milwaukee Streetcar Labor Peace Agreement - Amalgamated Transit Union Local 998 - Dec 1st, 2017
- Plenty of Horne: How Will Streetcar Stops Be Designed? - Michael Horne - Nov 27th, 2017
- City of Milwaukee Issues RFP For Milwaukee Streetcar Marketing Services - City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works - Nov 21st, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Who Wants To Market The Streetcar? - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2017
- Will Streetcar Gentrify Bronzeville? - Elliot Hughes - Nov 8th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Holding Streetcar Planning Meetings Saturday - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 3rd, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: See Streetcar Floors Made Locally - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 26th, 2017
- New poll shows Milwaukee area’s divided feelings on Foxconn, views on other topics as Marquette Law School launches expanded public policy program - Marquette University - Oct 24th, 2017
- Mayor Barrett needs to start listening to the people - Ald. Bob Donovan - Oct 24th, 2017
- Mayor’s Chief of Staff Responds to Ald. Zielinski - Patrick Curley - Oct 24th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Zielinski Again Attacks Mayor, Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 24th, 2017
- Ald. Zielinski: Mayor diverts additional funding for streetcar that could go to more cops - Ald. Tony Zielinski - Oct 23rd, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Potawatomi Gives $10 Million To Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 6th, 2017
- City and Potawatomi strike 12-year, $10 million streetcar presenting sponsorship agreement, includes free rides for the first 12 months - City of Milwaukee - Oct 6th, 2017
- How Streetcar Could Change King Drive - Elizabeth Baker - Oct 5th, 2017
- The Streetcar, Public Safety and Our Budget Crisis An Honest Assessment of Milwaukee’s Status Quo - Ald. Bob Donovan - Oct 4th, 2017
- Alderman Zielinski tells Mayor Barrett: Cut the streetcar, don’t cut protective services - Ald. Tony Zielinski - Sep 27th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Republicans Heap Hate On Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 7th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Chooses Streetcar Operator - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 6th, 2017
- Milwaukee Streetcar Construction on Target to Meet Residential Preference Program, DBE Goals - City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works - Jul 21st, 2017
- Friday Photos: Streetcar Tracks Getting Road Tested - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 30th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: $30 Million Spent on Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - May 19th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Track Getting Installed - Jeramey Jannene - May 12th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: County Gets Waiver on Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 17th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Rails Being Welded - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 7th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Won’t Delay Streetcar for County - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 28th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: County Board Okays Bid for Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 23rd, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Track Steel Has Arrived - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 16th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Should County Operate Streetcar? - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 8th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Track Construction Starts in April - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 17th, 2017
- Streetsblog: 80 Transit Projects in 2017 - Angie Schmitt - Feb 6th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: The Milwaukee Streetcar is Hiring - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 20th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Project Receives Federal Grant - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 12th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Cincinnati Streetcar Opens - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 19th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Council Okays Streetcar to Bucks Arena - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 6th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: $6.5 Million in Streetcar Savings - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 26th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Donovan Lies About Streetcar Suit - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 15th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: BID Sells Streetcar-Related Development - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 15th, 2016
- Murphy’s Law: Do Millennials Oppose the Streetcar? - Bruce Murphy - Dec 15th, 2015
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Pennsylvania Company Wins Streetcar Contract - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 13th, 2015
- Plenty of Horne: City Accepts $14 Million Federal Streetcar Grant - Michael Horne - Oct 29th, 2015
- Milwaukee to Receive $14.2 Million Grant for Streetcar Extension - Mayor Tom Barrett - Oct 26th, 2015
- Back in the News: Anti-Streetcar Petition Dies - Bruce Murphy - Aug 28th, 2015
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Scott Walker Aids Milwaukee Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 13th, 2015
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Construction Starts in October - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 10th, 2015
- Murphy’s Law: The Strange Politics of Anti-Streetcar-ites - Bruce Murphy - Jun 18th, 2015
- Plenty of Horne: Bucks Plan Envisions Arena Streetcar - Michael Horne - Apr 8th, 2015
- A Short History of Milwaukee’s Old Streetcar System - Ken Smith - Mar 31st, 2015
- Plenty of Horne: Davis Sets, Cancels Meeting on Streetcar - Michael Horne - Mar 17th, 2015
- Back in the News: Anti-Streetcar Petition Drive Fails - Bruce Murphy - Mar 5th, 2015
- Friday Photos: Streetcar Signing Is Quite a Celebration - Michael Horne - Feb 13th, 2015
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Milwaukee Streetcar Approved - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 10th, 2015
- Murphy’s Law: Who is “Lobbying” For the Streetcar? - Bruce Murphy - Feb 5th, 2015
- Data Wonk: Will Streetcar Help The Inner City? - Bruce Thompson - Feb 4th, 2015
- Back in the News: City Attorney Says Streetcar Petitions Might be Moot - Bruce Murphy - Jan 30th, 2015
- Data Wonk: Millennials And The Streetcar - Bruce Thompson - Jan 27th, 2015
- Op-Ed: Why I Support the Streetcar - Russell Rossetto - Jan 26th, 2015
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Responses Shows Wide Support - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 22nd, 2015
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Approved, but Held - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 21st, 2015
- Murphy’s Law: Koch-Funded Group Backs Anti-Streetcar Drive - Bruce Murphy - Jan 20th, 2015
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Streetcar Backers Say They Have the Votes - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 20th, 2015
- Murphy’s Law: Who Is Funding the Anti-Streetcar Effort? - Bruce Murphy - Jan 20th, 2015
- Op Ed: Why the Streetcar Won’t Work - Samuel Jensen - Jan 14th, 2015
- Murphy’s Law: Will Anti-Streetcar Referendum Succeed? - Bruce Murphy - Jan 9th, 2015
- The Story Behind the Streetcar Referendum - Michael Horne and Bruce Murphy - Jan 8th, 2015
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Council Delays Streetcar Until January - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 16th, 2014
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Committee Takes No Action on Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 10th, 2014
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Committee Approves Milwaukee Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 9th, 2014
- Plenty of Horne: RACM Approves Tax Funding for Streetcar - Michael Horne - Dec 2nd, 2014
- Plenty of Horne: How to Sell the Streetcar - Michael Horne - Nov 28th, 2014
- Plenty of Horne: Next Stops For The Streetcar - Michael Horne - Nov 24th, 2014
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Barrett Moving Forward With Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 18th, 2014
- Plenty of Horne: Who Will Be Streetcar Operator? - Michael Horne - May 8th, 2014
- Back in the News: A Streetcar Named Cooperation? - Dave Reid - Apr 27th, 2014
- Streetsblog: How a Streetcar Spurs Development - Angie Schmitt - Nov 3rd, 2013
- Plenty of Horne: Streetcar Social - Michael Horne - Sep 12th, 2013
- Republicans Move to Kill Milwaukee Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - May 9th, 2013
- Plenty of Horne: Mayor Says Streetcar is “Trojan Horse” - Michael Horne - Apr 17th, 2013
- Streetcar Meeting on Tuesday - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 29th, 2012
- Whoops, We Changed Our Mind - Dave Reid - Sep 27th, 2012
- Donovan’s New Anti-Streetcar Allies - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 16th, 2012
- Battle of the Bobs: Donovan vs Bauman Streetcar Press Conference - Jeramey Jannene - May 18th, 2012
- Milwaukee Streetcar Hearing at Frontier Airlines Center - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 15th, 2011
- Important Hoan Bridge and Milwaukee Streetcar Meetings this Week - Dave Reid - Nov 14th, 2011
- Milwaukee Streetcar Passes Common Council, Proceeds to Final Engineering - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 26th, 2011
- Alderman Donovan Proposes Delaying the Streetcar Project - Dave Reid - Jul 19th, 2011
- Barrett says Streetcar is an investment in growing Milwaukee - Patti Wenzel - Jul 13th, 2011
- Keep the Milwaukee Streetcar Moving Forward - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 8th, 2011
- Milwaukee Streetcar at Apex - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 16th, 2011
- Milwaukee Streetcar Takes Key Step Forward - Jeramey Jannene - May 6th, 2010
- Streetcars and Trams Around the World - Dave Reid - Feb 1st, 2010
- Milwaukee Streetcar Meeting This Thursday - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 5th, 2009
- Downtown Streetcar Open House - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 23rd, 2009
- Milwaukee Streetcar Routes Unveiled by Mayor Barrett - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 21st, 2009
- Common Council Creates Streetcar Committee - Dave Reid - Jun 18th, 2009
- Milwaukee Streetcar Round-Up - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 19th, 2009
- Vote For Your Favorite Milwaukee Streetcar Route - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 25th, 2009
- Design Your Own Streetcar Route - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 23rd, 2009
- Milwaukee Streetcar Map - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 21st, 2009
- Streetcars Coming to Milwaukee - Dave Reid - Mar 14th, 2009
- Palomar or Streetcar? - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 22nd, 2009