Thank you for your service Executive Director Aldrete
Joint statement from Alderwoman Nikiya Dodd and Alderman Mark Borkowski
We were disappointed to learn of the announcement by current Fire and Police Commission Executive Director Griselda Aldrete that she had withdrawn from consideration to her reappointment to serve the commission. While her time with the commission was brief, her service needs to be acknowledged.
In less than a full calendar year she has overcome constant challenges on a near daily basis from a number of entities, including the Common Council, to forge ahead with an aggressive agenda. She changed the culture of the office and provided the leadership necessary to accomplish ambitious goals.
Perhaps most importantly during her tenure, Executive Director Aldrete laid the foundation and made key strides toward compliance with the ACLU settlement agreement. The next FPC leader must continue along this path, the importance of which cannot be underscored enough.
She will provide excellent service to her next employer and it will surely be a loss for the City. We know that she has learned a lot and gave us her best. We wish her well and thank her for this year of excellent work!
- City Hall: Barrett Picks Leon Todd to Lead Fire & Police Commission - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 24th, 2020
- City Hall: Alders Want Police Chief Search Paused Following FPC Resignations - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 5th, 2020
- City Hall: Resignations Rock Fire & Police Commission - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 30th, 2020
- City Hall: Special Meeting in Police Chief Search Results in “Chaos” - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 9th, 2020
- Former FPC Chairman Steven DeVougas Headlines Newsmaker Lunch Hour - Milwaukee Press Club - Sep 3rd, 2020
- City Hall: Morales Starts Process To Sue City - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 21st, 2020
- Latinx Community Divided Over Morales’ Exit - Edgar Mendez - Aug 20th, 2020
- Milwaukee has an opportunity to usher in lasting change - Milwaukee Common Council - Aug 9th, 2020
- It’s time for the MPD and FPC to move forward - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Aug 7th, 2020
- Police Chief Alfonso Morales Demoted - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 6th, 2020
Read more about Fire & Police Commission's Troubles here