Thank you for your service Executive Director Aldrete
Joint statement from Alderwoman Nikiya Dodd and Alderman Mark Borkowski
We were disappointed to learn of the announcement by current Fire and Police Commission Executive Director Griselda Aldrete that she had withdrawn from consideration to her reappointment to serve the commission. While her time with the commission was brief, her service needs to be acknowledged.
In less than a full calendar year she has overcome constant challenges on a near daily basis from a number of entities, including the Common Council, to forge ahead with an aggressive agenda. She changed the culture of the office and provided the leadership necessary to accomplish ambitious goals.
Perhaps most importantly during her tenure, Executive Director Aldrete laid the foundation and made key strides toward compliance with the ACLU settlement agreement. The next FPC leader must continue along this path, the importance of which cannot be underscored enough.
She will provide excellent service to her next employer and it will surely be a loss for the City. We know that she has learned a lot and gave us her best. We wish her well and thank her for this year of excellent work!
- City Hall: Police Chief Search Loses a Top Candidate - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 29th, 2021
- City Hall: Council Wants Ann Wilson Off Fire & Police Commission - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 24th, 2021
- City Hall: Another Council Committee Opposes Wilson - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 10th, 2021
- Mayor Tom Barrett released the following statement: - Mayor Tom Barrett - Feb 15th, 2021
- City Hall: DeVougas Resigns From Fire & Police Commission - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 15th, 2021
- City Hall: FPC Members, City Attorney Blew Off Inspector General Interview Requests - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 15th, 2021
- City Hall: Attorney Didn’t Want Inspector General Report Made Public - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 12th, 2021
- City Hall: Council Confirms Avalos, Adds Tie-Breaking Vote to Fire & Police Commission - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 19th, 2021
- City Hall: City Attorney Issues Confidential Opinion Regarding Morales Demotion - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 15th, 2021
- City Hall: Committee Rejects Ann Wilson’s FPC Reappointment - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 7th, 2021
Read more about Fire & Police Commission's Troubles here