Statement Regarding Custody Status of Mr. Blake
Milwaukee, WI – From Sunday, August 23 to Friday, August 28, while receiving treatment at a local hospital, Mr. Jacob Blake remained in custody on a Kenosha County felony arrest warrant issued in July. The Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office assisted the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department with the hospital watch for much of this period. MCSO worked very closely with the hospital and Mr. Blake’s legal team to ensure a safe and dignified environment for Mr. Blake, consistent with best law enforcement and hospital practices for security and visitation.
Earlier today, Mr. Blake posted the bond underlying the arrest warrant, enabling his release from custody. The hospital watch was discontinued immediately after receiving this information from Kenosha authorities.
For further information, please contact Investigator Scott Stiff at 414-840-3185 or email@example.com.
- Ex-Madison Police Chief Helping Review Blake Case - Madeline Fox - Sep 22nd, 2020
- UPDATE: Kenosha Officer-Involved Shooting - Josh Kaul - Sep 21st, 2020
- Activists Criticize Tosa PD’s Protest Tactics - Isiah Holmes - Sep 19th, 2020
- AG Decision on Blake Shooting Coming Up - Corri Hess - Sep 17th, 2020
- NLG Condemns Biased and Unprofessional Policing by Kenosha Police and Sheriff’s Departments - National Lawyers Guild, Milwaukee Chapter - Sep 16th, 2020
- Protesters Describe Detention In Kenosha - Isiah Holmes - Sep 14th, 2020
- Evers Might Extend Mask Order - Shawn Johnson - Sep 10th, 2020
- Jacob Blake Speaks from Hospital Bed - Rob Mentzer - Sep 6th, 2020
- Biden Visits Blake Family in Kenosha - Madeline Fox and Laurel White - Sep 3rd, 2020
- A Chance for Change - Tom Palzewicz - Sep 2nd, 2020
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here