Statement from the Kenosha Police Department
At 5:11 pm Kenosha Police Officers were sent to the 2800 block of 40th Street for a domestic incident and were involved in an officer involved shooting.
Officers provided immediate aid to the person. The person was transported via Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee. The person is in serious condition.
Kenosha Sheriff’s Department and Wisconsin State Patrol were requested immediately so that the scene could be turned over to an agency, other than Kenosha Police.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice (D.O.J.), Division of Criminal Investigation (D.C.I.) will be investigating this officer involved shooting. Further media releases will come directly from D.C.I. Inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activists Criticize Tosa PD’s Protest Tactics - Isiah Holmes - Sep 19th, 2020
- AG Decision on Blake Shooting Coming Up - Corri Hess - Sep 17th, 2020
- NLG Condemns Biased and Unprofessional Policing by Kenosha Police and Sheriff’s Departments - National Lawyers Guild, Milwaukee Chapter - Sep 16th, 2020
- Protesters Describe Detention In Kenosha - Isiah Holmes - Sep 14th, 2020
- Evers Might Extend Mask Order - Shawn Johnson - Sep 10th, 2020
- Jacob Blake Speaks from Hospital Bed - Rob Mentzer - Sep 6th, 2020
- Biden Visits Blake Family in Kenosha - Madeline Fox and Laurel White - Sep 3rd, 2020
- A Chance for Change - Tom Palzewicz - Sep 2nd, 2020
- UPDATE: Kenosha Officer Involved Shooting - Josh Kaul - Sep 1st, 2020
- Kenosha Officials on Trump, Protests, Police - Erik Gunn and Henry Redman - Sep 1st, 2020
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here