Statement from the Kenosha Police Department Regarding U-Haul Truck
On Aug 27, members of Kenosha Gang Unit received a tip about a U-Haul truck parked facing the wrong way on a one-way street near Civic Center Park, located directly across the street from the Kenosha County Court House and very near the dinosaur museum, which has been the target of several attempted arsons.
Kenosha Police, with U.S. Marshals assistance, approached the U-Haul to identify its occupants and investigate the vehicle’s contents. The occupants were detained by Kenosha Police and U.S. Marshals created a perimeter to allow for a safe investigation of the vehicle; however the situation quickly destabilized and the U-Haul was towed to a safe location where the investigation was continued.
After being questioned, the individuals were released. Upon further inspection, the U-Haul contained an amount of water and supplies, but also contained materials that are consistent with rioting.
This investigation is active and ongoing. Law enforcement has reached out Zao MKE church to return property; however, the church declined to speak with investigators and did not want their property back.
- Tony Evers Lies on Kenosha Record - Republican Party of Wisconsin - Jun 14th, 2021
- Coins Celebrate Policing of Kenosha Protests - Isiah Holmes and Henry Redman - May 18th, 2021
- Did DA Delay Mensah Decision Due To Kenosha Unrest? - Isiah Holmes - Apr 8th, 2021
- How U.S. Marshals Came to Kenosha - Isiah Holmes - Apr 5th, 2021
- Wisconsin Man Indicted for Injuring Police Officer During Kenosha Riots - U.S. Department of Justice - Jan 27th, 2021
- Prosecutors Want Court to Ban Rittenhouse from Bars - Corri Hess - Jan 14th, 2021
- Kenosha DA Won’t Charge Cops in Blake Shooting - Corri Hess - Jan 5th, 2021
- Common Council Unanimously Approved Resolution Declaring an Emergency - Kenosha Common Council - Jan 4th, 2021
- Wisconsin National Guard Mobilized to Assist Civil Authorities and Preserve Public Safety in Kenosha - Gov. Tony Evers - Jan 4th, 2021
- Police Association Calls BLM Protesters ‘Terrorists’ - Henry Redman and Isiah Holmes - Dec 14th, 2020
Read more about Kenosha Unrest here