Statement from the Kenosha Police Department
On August 25, 2020 at about 11:45pm Kenosha Police, along with assisting agencies, responded to the area of 63rd Street and Sheridan Road for reports of shots being fired and multiple gunshot victims.
The shooting resulted in two fatalities and a third gunshot victim was transported to a hospital with serious, but non-life threatening injuries.
The shooting investigation is active an ongoing. No further details regarding the shooting will be released at this time. The names, ages and cities of residence for the victims are still being determined.
If anyone witnessed the shooting, please contact the Kenosha Police Department Detective Bureau at 262-605-5203. Callers wishing to remain anonymous can contact Kenosha Area Crime Stoppers at 262-656-7333. Investigators are aware of the social media videos being circulated regarding this incident. If anyone has uncirculated video or photos, please call.
- Ex-Madison Police Chief Helping Review Blake Case - Madeline Fox - Sep 22nd, 2020
- UPDATE: Kenosha Officer-Involved Shooting - Josh Kaul - Sep 21st, 2020
- Activists Criticize Tosa PD’s Protest Tactics - Isiah Holmes - Sep 19th, 2020
- AG Decision on Blake Shooting Coming Up - Corri Hess - Sep 17th, 2020
- NLG Condemns Biased and Unprofessional Policing by Kenosha Police and Sheriff’s Departments - National Lawyers Guild, Milwaukee Chapter - Sep 16th, 2020
- Protesters Describe Detention In Kenosha - Isiah Holmes - Sep 14th, 2020
- Evers Might Extend Mask Order - Shawn Johnson - Sep 10th, 2020
- Jacob Blake Speaks from Hospital Bed - Rob Mentzer - Sep 6th, 2020
- Biden Visits Blake Family in Kenosha - Madeline Fox and Laurel White - Sep 3rd, 2020
- A Chance for Change - Tom Palzewicz - Sep 2nd, 2020
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here