Statement from the Kenosha Police Department
The Kenosha Police Department has received several inquiries regarding the law enforcement activity in our City since 08/24/2020.
In preparation for the Presidential visit to Kenosha, Kenosha Police will not be at Monday’ s 1 p.m. media briefing. In lieu of KPO’s participation, Kenosha Police Chief Daniel Miskinis is providing the community with some preliminary data for the preceding week. This is all the information that he would have shared at the media briefing.
- More than 20 firearms were seized, followed up by active investigations
- Arrest numbers include of people from 44 different cities
- 3 vehicles have been towed. All are related to active criminal investigations
- 69 people were arrested for curfew violations
- 34 people were arrested for curfew, plus additional charges ranging from carrying concealed weapons, burglary and possession of controlled substances.
- As of 12:30 p.m. August 30, 2020 a total of 175 people have been arrested
- Of the people processed during this week, 102 listed addresses from outside of Kenosha
We are currently calculating damage estimates to businesses. Kenosha Police will continue to share information when it becomes available.
- Body Cameras Key To Charges Against Police - Corri Hess - May 4th, 2021
- Wisconsin Police Donated to Officer that Shot Jacob Blake - Jenny Peek and Corrinne Hess - Apr 16th, 2021
- Kenosha activists respond to tonight’s Officer Sheskey announcement - Leaders of Kenosha - Apr 13th, 2021
- Kenosha Police Department Statement on Officer Rusten Sheskey’s Return From Administrative Leave - Kenosha Police Department - Apr 13th, 2021
- Jacob Blake Sues Kenosha Officer Who Shot Him - Corri Hess - Mar 26th, 2021
- Community Leaders Lament Jacob Blake Decision - PrincessSafiya Byers - Jan 9th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Kenosha DA Decision - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 7th, 2021
- Body Cameras Would Have Helped Jacob Blake Shooting Investigation - Corri Hess - Jan 7th, 2021
- Joint Statement on Charging Decision in Jacob Blake Case - Milwaukee Common Council - Jan 6th, 2021
- Barnes Rips Kenosha DA On Blake Shooting - Melanie Conklin - Jan 6th, 2021
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here