Sal “The Voice” Valentinetti to Headline Festa Italiana’s Italian Line-Up
“America’s Got Talent” Finalist will be joined by Ray Massa’s EuroRhythms, The Sicilian Tenors, Tre Principesse, Anna Calemme, and the Florentine Opera
MILWAUKEE – May 3, 2017 – Festa Italiana, presented by Calypso Lemonades, today announced Sal “The Voice” Valentinetti will headline the festival’s Italian entertainment line-up, performing Saturday, July 22 at 7 P.M. and Sunday, July 23 at 8:30 P.M. at Henry W. Maier Festival Park (Summerfest grounds). Valentinetti will be joined by other Italian favorites including Ray Massa’s EuroRhythms, The Sicilian Tenors, Tre Principesse, Anna Calemme, and the Florentine Opera.
Sal “The Voice” Valentinetti took season 11 of the NBC hit show “America’s Got Talent” by storm and is most known for belting out the classic Frank Sinatra hit “My Way.” Sal not only received a standing ovation but got the coveted “Golden Buzzer” from Judge Heidi Klum. The 21-year-old Italian American crooner is best known for his flawless vocals, larger than life personality and heart of gold. Since being on the show, Sal “The Voice” Valentinetti sold out three Christmas Shows at the famous Paramount Theatre in Huntington, New York and performed in a round at one of Frank Sinatra’s favorite venues, The Theatre at Westbury (formerly The Westbury Music Fair). Sal loves to tell the story of how his father saved up just enough money to see Frank Sinatra on June 11, 1975 at Westbury. On March 3, 2017, the Valentinetti family returned to Westbury and watched with pride as Sal performed his 90-minute show to a sold-out crowd of 3,000 people just like his idol, Frank Sinatra. In October 2017, Sal will be the official Grand Marshal of the Columbus Day parade in Chicago, which is the second largest parade in the country and is working on a Christmas album to be released later in 2017.
As Heidi Klum declared: “I like the way you talk. I like the way you sing. I like everything about you.” Festa attendees won’t want to miss this energetic show featuring all the traditional favorites Saturday and Sunday evening!
“It’s important to celebrate our Italian heritage during our 40th anniversary, and we have a stellar Italian entertainment line-up not to be missed. Sal ‘The Voice’ Valentinetti, an ‘America’s Got Talent’ finalist will sing all the Italian favorites and will surly entertain Frank Sinatra fans. We are excited to bring back Ray Massa’s EuroRhythms, a well-traveled band that bridges Italian and American musical tributes, as well as new acts such as Tre Principesse, a young, all-female trio, and Anna Calemme, ‘The Elegant Voice of Naples.’ We are also happy to welcome back Festa favorites including The Sicilian Tenors, The Russo Brothers, Tony Spavone and the Florentine Opera,” said Dean Cannestra, Italian Community Center president and chairman of Festa Italiana.
Additional Italian Headliners include:
- Ray Massa’s EuroRhythms: Get ready for a feast of Italian/American musical tributes, from the swing sounds of Louie Prima, smooth vocals of Dean Martin, the harmonies of the Jersey Boys to the current pop sounds of Italian Rock! Ray Massa’s EuroRhythms are a huge hit at Italian festivals and concerts nationwide and in Italy! The Eurorhythms’ popularity is attributed to their unique arrangements of songs from Italy’s current Pop Charts like, “Vespa” and “Femmina” by Paolo Belli, to great Italian hits of all styles from the 80’s to the 50’s like, “A Chi” or “Tu Vuo Fa L’Americano” and their own Italian version of “Hang on Sloopy.” These great songs are intertwined with the ever-popular Italian/American favorites like, Louie Prima’s swinging “Zooma Zooma Baccala,” and great hits from the Jersey Boys.
- The Sicilian Tenors Featuring Aaron Caruso, Elio Scaccio and Sam Vitale: The Sicilian Tenors bring together three marvelous Tenor voices, each singing their own interpretation of the world’s best music in a recital format! Aaron Caruso, Elio Scaccio and Sam Vitale will again “wow” Festa audiences with a romantic journey from Hollywood to Broadway to Italy. Combined with light-hearted fun, this is a concert for all ages to enjoy!
- Tre Principesse: Festa is excited to welcome for the first time this newly-formed, talented trio of young musicians. Tatiana Marie is an 18-year-old soprano, Italian Idol finalist, and Overall Honorable Mention in the pop category of International TV Talent Show “Music For Kids.” Anastasia Lee, a 20-year-old contralto, performed with global superstar Josh Groban when she was just 14 years old and is a three-time Italian Idol winner. She released her first single, “Sano e Salvo,” in January 2016, which was a best seller on Amazon. Agne G., a 15-year-old soprano, was the winner of the Pop Opera Division at “Music For Kids” talent TV show and has performed at Carnegie Hall and appeared on The Steve Harvey Show.
- Anna Calemme: Anna Calemme performs Neapolitan songs like no other and is referred to as “The Elegant Voice of Naples.” She is glamour, she is sensual and sings, dances and acts, playing songs of the greatest Neapolitan songwriters, from “Fenesta vascia” to “Regginella” and “Napulè.” Her voice is warm and harmonious and she can reign it in to the most intimate of sounds: simple, melancholic, romantic. Anna Calemme is a giant talent in her native Italy, with a seductive personality and sharp wit. Among her discography is Anna Calemme: Napoli Infiniti Amori, Nà Maschera, Live on Rome and The best of Anna Calemme (Una Vita).
- The Florentine Opera: Festa Italiana is excited to welcome back The Florentine Opera as they perform each day at Festa! The Florentine Opera, the three-time Grammy® Award-winning and sixth oldest professional opera company in America (and founded by John David Anello as the Italian Opera Chorus in 1933 in the Third Ward) will return to its roots by performing acts from opera’s greatest masterpieces live onstage. A cast of some of this country’s leading young opera singers will perform some of opera’s greatest arias and songs- directed by Florentine’s General Director, William Florescu with musical direction by the Florentine’s Scott Stewart. Festa audiences can sit back and enjoy the world-class performance of The Florentine Opera!
Festa Italiana takes place Friday, July 21 – Sunday, July 23, at the Henry W. Maier Festival Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront. Festivalgoers can take in all entertainment acts for the value price of only $10.00 for advance sale tickets now through July 20. Tickets are $13.00 after July 20 and at the gate.
A full Festa Italiana entertainment schedule of performers will be released as acts are confirmed. To learn more about Festa Italiana, please visit www.festaitaliana.com.
About Festa Italiana Presented by Calypso Lemonades
The 40th annual Festa Italiana takes place at Henry W. Maier Festival Park (Summerfest grounds) on Milwaukee’s lakefront Friday, July 21, to Sunday, July 23. Festa Italiana is the largest Italian event of its kind in America today. The Festival began forty years ago for the purpose of reuniting an Italian community torn apart by urban renewal projects and was the first ethnic festival in Milwaukee on the Summerfest grounds. Today, several ethic festivals are celebrated on Milwaukee’s lakefront and the city is now widely known as the City of Festivals. Through the dedication of more than 2,000 volunteers, the annual Festa Italiana has become a favorite family event to Milwaukee and surrounding areas. For more information on the festival, please visit www.FestaItaliana.com or call 414-223-2808.
Advance tickets for Festa Italiana are on sale now online. Purchase your advance online ticket for $10 through July 20 at http://www.festaitaliana.com. For ticket questions, please call 414-223-2808.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Festa Italiana
Festa Italiana brings Italy to Milwaukee’s lakefront featuring Italian flag-throwers, food, culture, entertainment, attractions and Bartolotta fireworks every night!
Famed Accordionist Performed at Festa 34 Times in Festival’s 40-Year History
The BoDeans are sure to kick off Festa Italiana’s 40th anniversary with a bang.