Representative Hesselbein Prevented from Attending Committee Hearing Remotely
MADISON – Today, the Assembly Committee on Sporting Heritage hosted a joint hearing with the Senate Committee on Sporting Heritage, Small Business, and Rural Issues. Representative Treig Pronschinske (R-Mondovi), chair of the Assembly Committee, prevented virtual or telephone participation during the hearing. Representative Dianne Hesselbein (D-Middleton) along with other members of the committee requested a virtual option for those who still wished to participate in the hearing but had concerns about health and safety.
“My ranking member colleague made the request to Rep. Pronschinske’s office as soon as the hearing was scheduled. Those reasonable requests were immediately denied,” said Hesselbein. “I asked Rep. Pronschinske to reconsider since stakeholders were wanting to participate remotely in the hearing, but he chose not to offer accommodations to members and the public.”
“Unfortunately, I had to watch the entire hearing on Wisconsin Eye,” said Hesselbein. “I wasn’t able to ask questions and there were members of the public that were unable to attend due to safety concerns. This is completely unacceptable, especially when there was no requirement that people wear masks. We are in the middle of a pandemic. Many workplaces and businesses have gone to great lengths to comply with CDC guidelines for their employees and customers. That fact that Republican representatives think health guidelines don’t apply to them is dangerous.”
Representative Hesselbein offered for constituents and stakeholders to send testimony to her office if they were not able to participate in the Informational Hearing.
- UW System Ramps Up COVID-19 Testing - Rich Kremer - Jan 25th, 2021
- WAES Supports President’s American Rescue Plan - Wisconsin Public Education Network - Jan 25th, 2021
- WI Daily: 1,119 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 24th, 2021
- Op Ed: Timberlake Has Chops to Ramp Up Vaccines - John Torinus - Jan 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 1,681 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 2,070 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 22nd, 2021
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Asks President Biden to Reopen the ACA Marketplace to Allow Wisconsinites to Get Health Insurance During COVID-19 Pandemic - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Jan 22nd, 2021
- GOP Legislators Want to Repeal Mask Mandate - Erik Gunn - Jan 22nd, 2021
- What’s It Like to Get COVID-19 Vaccine? - Matt Martinez - Jan 22nd, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Being Suppressed Countywide - Graham Kilmer - Jan 21st, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here