Matt Flynn Comes Out in Favor of Legalizing Marijuana
Flynn says he will push for it as governor only if voters also favor legalization
“Having reviewed the results of legalization in other states, I now believe Wisconsin should legalize marijuana,” said Flynn.
“I also believe that legalizing marijuana will simply recognize a fact of life for many people, including the increasing use of medical marijuana by senior citizens to alleviate pain. Another result of legalization, although not the main reason for my position, will be the increased tax revenue and safety benefits that legalization will bring.”
Flynn called on state lawmakers to put a non-binding referendum on the ballot in the November election of 2018, asking voters if they support the legalization and sale of marijuana. If the measure passes, Flynn would push the state legislature to pass legalization, regulation, and taxation legislation.
“Legalization could have a profound impact on our state, so I think it’s important we only take that path if the people of this state agree with it,” Flynn said.
Matt Flynn is a Navy veteran, attorney, and former Chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. He attended law school at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
For additional information, visit www.ForwardWithFlynn.com.
Forward with Flynn
More about the Legalizing of Marijuana
- Op Ed: Public Opposes Trump Crackdown on Pot - Casey Hoff - Jan 6th, 2018
- Op Ed: Anti-Marijuana Campaign Is Misguided - Isiah Holmes - Dec 8th, 2017
- Op Ed: Don’t Legalize Marijuana - Bob Dohnal - Dec 6th, 2017
- Matt Flynn Comes Out in Favor of Legalizing Marijuana - Matt Flynn - Nov 14th, 2017
- Dem Lawmakers Push To Legalize Medical Marijuana - Dave Fidlin - Nov 2nd, 2017
- Legalizing Pot Could Be Windfall For Wisconsin - Gretchen Schuldt - Sep 29th, 2017
- Op Ed: Reduce Penalties for Pot Possession - Gretchen Schuldt - Aug 7th, 2017
- Op Ed: We Must Legalize Marijuana - State Rep. David Crowley - Jul 21st, 2017
- Gov. Scott Walker Defense of Taking Donation From Marijuana Industry Advocates While Calling For More Drug Testing: $25,000 Check Too Small to Influence Him - One Wisconsin Now - Jul 21st, 2017
Recent Press Releases by Matt Flynn
"I want to congratulate Michele and her team on a good campaign, and I am grateful for her support."
"We're going to lead Wisconsin Forward again."