Marquette University College of Nursing to host forum on violence against children in Milwaukee
The forum is free and open to the public.
MILWAUKEE – Marquette University College of Nursing will host its sixth annual Health Care Forum, “Violence Against Children in the Milwaukee Community,” Wednesday, May 6, at 7:15 a.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union, located at 1442 W. Wisconsin Ave. The panel discussion on Milwaukee’s child abuse rates, which remain at around 3.3 to 3.7 substantiated cases per 1,000 children, will feature local health care and public policy experts.
The forum is free and open to the public. Registration is available online. A complimentary continental breakfast will be provided. Free parking is available in the 16th Street Parking Structure, located between Wisconsin Avenue and Wells Street.
Critical insight and analysis of the issue will be provided by:
- Bob Duncan, executive vice president, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Community Services
- Ashley Luthern, public safety reporter, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Marlene Melzer-Lange, Ph. D., medical director, emergency services, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin; program director, Project Ujima; professor, the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Mallory O’Brien, Ph. D., clinical assistant professor, Marquette University
- Carmen Pitre, executive director, Sojourner Family Peace Center
- The Hon. Mary Triggiano, presiding judge for the Children’s Division, Milwaukee Circuit Court Branch 13
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Marquette University
Marquette University Board of Trustees approves spring groundbreaking for new home for Marquette Business and innovation leadership programsFeb 25th, 2021 by Marquette University
Largest fully donor-funded project in university history positions Marquette Business as national leader