Get Your Scrooge on with In Tandem Theatre!
Tickets ($30) are available by calling the Tenth Street Theatre Box Office at 414-271-1371.
October 30, 2017 [Milwaukee] –In Tandem Theatre is thrilled to bring back the uproariously funny musical Scrooge in Rouge by Ricky Graham and Jefferson Turner at the Tenth Street Theatre, 628 N. 10th Street from December 1, 2017 – January 7, 2018. Back by popular demand, the show ran three consecutive seasons to sold-out houses in 2009-2011. Tickets ($30) are available by calling the Tenth Street Theatre Box Office at 414-271-1371. Senior, student, military and group discounts are available. Visit www.intandemtheatre.org for more information, including dates and times, and to order tickets online.
A troupe of 23 players are about to embark on a musical adaptation of A Christmas Carol when 20 of them come down with food poisoning, leaving only three to put on the entire show! Fast-paced and funny, this bawdy, raucous musical set in a British music hall at the turn-of-the-century, features quick character changes and even quicker costume conversions.
The 2017-18 Scrooge in Rouge features a brand new cast of talented local actors:
- Elyse Edelman (Vesta) – Edelman has been seen on many local Wisconsin stages including Door Shakespeare, First Stage, Renaissance Theaterworks, Milwaukee Repertory Theater, Forward Theater of Madison and American Players Theatre. She makes her In Tandem debut with Scrooge in Rouge.
- Nathan Marinan (Lottie) – Marinan returns to In Tandem’s stage after playing Jaquot in last spring’s production of Carnival and Horace Lane in the 2016 musical, Ernest in Love. He has been seen onstage at Skylight Music Theatre, Theatrical Tendencies and Divine Savior Holy Angels Productions.
- Chris Flieller (Charlie) – Flieller played the role of Stasch Zielinski for nearly three hundred performances in In Tandem’s popular holiday musical, A Cudahy Caroler Christmas. Most recently, Flieller was seen at In Tandem as Renfield in Dracula vs The Nazis and Scrooge in the 2015 holiday musical, A Twisted Carol. He is also co-founder and Artistic Director for In Tandem Theatre. Other companies for whom he has acted include Skylight Opera Theatre, Milwaukee Chamber Theatre, First Stage and Optimist Theatre.
- Josh Robinson (Alfred, Accompanist) – While Robinson is making his official debut onstage at In Tandem, you’ll recognize his talented musical direction from other In Tandem shows such as Carnival and Holiday Hell: The Curse of Perry Williams. He also plays the piano before shows in In Tandem’s lobby.
In Tandem Theatre is pleased to collaborate with Hunger Task Force on this production to collect non-perishable food items at performances as part of its Community Partnership initiative.
Scrooge in Rouge is sponsored in part by a grant from the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment for the Arts, the United Performing Arts Fund, and CAMPAC (County Funding). An opening night champagne reception is sponsored by Mr. Dan Schley and the New Year’s Eve reception is sponsored by Ms. Julianna Olson, with food provided by Ms. Diane Brown.
PERFORMANCE DATES FOR SCROOGE IN ROUGE:
Thursday, November 30 @ 7:30pm (1)
Friday, December 1 @ 8:00pm (2)
Saturday, December 2 @ 4:00pm and 8:00pm
Sunday, December 3 @ 2:00pm
Wednesday, December 6 @ 7:30pm
Thursday, December 7 @ 7:30pm (3)
Friday, December 8 @ 8:00pm
Saturday, December 9 @ 4:00pm and 8:00pm
Sunday, December 10 @ 2:00pm
Wednesday, December 13 @ 2:00pm and 7:30pm
Thursday, December 14 @ 7:30pm (3)
Friday, December 15 @ 8:00pm
Saturday, December 16 @ 4:00pm and 8:00pm
Sunday, December 17 @ 2:00pm
Wednesday, December 20 @ 2:00pm and 7:30pm
Thursday, December 21 @ 7:30pm (3)
Friday, December 22 @ 8:00pm
Saturday, December 23 @ 4:00pm and 8:00pm
Tuesday, December 26 @ 7:30pm
Wednesday, December 27 @ 7:30pm
Thursday, December 28 @ 7:30pm (3)
Friday, December 29 @ 8:00pm Saturday, December 30 @ 4:00pm and 8:00pm
Sunday, December 31 @ 9:30pm (4)
Wednesday, January 3 @ 7:30pm
Thursday, January 4 @ 7:30pm (3)
Friday, January 5 @ 8:00pm
Saturday, January 6 @ 4:00pm and 8:00pm
Sunday, January 7 @ 2:00pm
(1) Pay-what-you-can preview performance: tickets on sale one hour prior to curtain; no advance sales
(2) Complimentary opening night reception following the show
(3) Talk back with director and actors following the show
(4) Special New Year’s Eve package ($40). Includes champagne toast, reception and “fireworks”
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by In Tandem Theatre
Let In Tandem take you back to 1920’s France to the magic of the carnival!
This beloved musical is the dramatized version of the last seven days in the life of Jesus of Nazareth.