Arbishop Listecki Releases Statement About Kenosha Shooting
MILWAUKEE ― Archbishop Jerome E. Listecki released the following statement regarding the shooting that occurred in Kenosha on August 23, 2020.
It is with a heavy heart that I received the news about the shooting last night in Kenosha. While many of the details of this shooting are unknown to us, the general public, it is not difficult to imagine the pain, fear and anger felt by all who were present. I pray for healing for Jacob Blake and for comfort for his family and loved ones.
I also pray for peace in Kenosha, as the situation remains volatile in the wake of this shooting. Violence can never be the means to attain peace and justice. The Church stands as a beacon of hope. The sins of violence, injustice, racism and hatred must be purged from our communities with acts of mercy, with the protection and care for the dignity of every human person, with respect for the common good, and with an unwavering pursuit of equality and peace. Together, let us pray to God for peace, justice, mercy and protection for every human being.
With the assurance of my prayers for the Kenosha community, I am,
- Community Leaders Lament Jacob Blake Decision - PrincessSafiya Byers - Jan 9th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Kenosha DA Decision - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 7th, 2021
- Body Cameras Would Have Helped Jacob Blake Shooting Investigation - Corri Hess - Jan 7th, 2021
- Joint Statement on Charging Decision in Jacob Blake Case - Milwaukee Common Council - Jan 6th, 2021
- Barnes Rips Kenosha DA On Blake Shooting - Melanie Conklin - Jan 6th, 2021
- Rep. Stubbs’ Statement on Decision to not Charge Officer Sheskey in Shooting of Jacob Blake - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Jan 6th, 2021
- Statement from the Milwaukee Bucks Organization - Milwaukee Bucks - Jan 5th, 2021
- Senator Agard Releases Statement on the Decision to Not Charge Officer Involved in Shooting Jacob Blake - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Jan 5th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Jacob Blake Shooting Charging Decision by Kenosha District Attorney - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 5th, 2021
- Statement from Kenosha County Judicial Candidate Angela Cunningham on Charging Decision of the Jacob Blake Shooting - Angela Cunningham - Jan 5th, 2021
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here