Westown is the neighborhood representing the west side of downtown Milwaukee.
Closed in 1963. Commonly known as the North Shore Line.
In Milwaukee the company maintained a terminal at N. 6th St. and W. Michigan St. It also operates the Harrison Street Shops at the southeast corner of S. 6th St. and W. Harrison Ave.
- Jan 3rd, 2021 by Jeramey Jannene
- Dec 12th, 2019 by Michael Horne
- Aug 24th, 2018 by John Norquist
- Mar 31st, 2015 by Ken Smith
- Aug 19th, 2011 by Mark Wenzel
- Jul 14th, 2008 by Jeramey Jannene
Recent Press Releases Referencing Chicago, North Shore and Milwaukee Railroad
This spring, the quarterly event showcases 49 venues throughout the downtown Milwaukee area.
South Side residents with memories of the Airway Theater, the Palomar Roller Skating Rink, the pole sitter at Southgate or the days of the North Shore Line will have two unique opportunities in December to share their experiences and pictures and reminisce with their neighbors.