- Address: S. 6th St. and W. Virginia St.
A complex of office and apartment buildings created from the redevelopment of a large industrial complex that dates back to the mid-to-late 1800s. Complex is generally located northwest of the intersection of W. Virginia St. and S. 6th St.
Its initial redevelopment can be attributed to Peter Moede, but the buildings have since been parceled out to several owners. As of 2023, R2 Companies owns the majority of the office buildings, Moede’s Atlas Development retains the apartment buildings to the north and LCM Funds owns an office building to the west. A host of parking lots and one office building are located south of W. Virginia St.
The oldest parts of the complex were built for Melms Brewing and acquired by Phillip Best Brewing Co. (later renamed Pabst Brewing Company). Most of the property was long occupied by Pfister & Vogel Tanning Company.
- 335 S. 6th St. (parking)
- 632 W. Bruce St. (parking)
- 638 W. Bruce St. (parking)
- 644 W. Bruce St. (parking)
- 702 W. Bruce St. (parking)
- 706 W. Bruce St. (parking)
- 738 W. Bruce St. (parking)
- 744 W. Bruce St. (parking)
- 746-748 W. Bruce St. (parking)
- 615 W. Freshwater Way (parking)
- 625 W. Freshwater Way (Beam House and River Place Lofts apartments)
- 640 W. Freshwater Way (Docks Building apartments)
- 725 W. Freshwater Way (apartments)
- 747-777 W. Freshwater Way (apartments)
- 640 W. Virginia St. (Atlas Building, other office buildings)
- 647 W. Virginia St. (building)
- 705 W. Virginia St. (parking)
- 710 W. Virginia St. (Timbers Building)
- 715 W. Virginia St. (parking)
- 720 W. Virginia St. (The Granary Lofts)
- 725 W. Virginia St. (parking)
- 733-811 W. Virginia St. (parking)
- 750 W. Virginia St. (office building, LCM Funds)
- 754 W. Virginia St. (parking)
- 800 W. Virginia St. (parking)
Content referencing The Tannery Complex
A four-unit complex in Walker's Point. Plus: The week's top real estate news.Mar 14th, 2021 by Jeramey Jannene