Ron Johnson’s Latest Conspiracy Theory
Senator now blaming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for Capitol riot.
U.S. Senator Ron Johnson is a man who loves conspiracy theories.
He colluded with a disgraced Ukrainian official to spread disinformation on Joe Biden, promoted the use of hydroxychloroquine to combat COVID-19 though it was proven to have not benefits and perhaps harmful to those who took it, and repeatedly claimed with no evidence there were irregularities in 2020 election.
Johnson didn’t cite any evidence for this, saying only that he was “suspicious.”
Considering Pelosi’s life was in danger, as some of the Capitol insurrectionists called for violence against her, that’s a suspicion that makes little sense.
But that wasn’t enough to stop the reckless Republican, who suggested the impeachment trial of Trump was part of a plot to divert attention from Pelosi.
“Is this another diversionary operation? Is this meant to deflect away from potentially what the speaker knew and when she knew it?” Johnson said to Bartiromo. “I don’t know, but I’m suspicious.”
The interview with Johnson came after Bartiromo interviewed former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows. Meadows and Johnson were “feeding a new conspiracy theory: Blame Nancy Pelosi,” as Washington Post columnist James Downie charged. Referring to the failures of Capitol security, Meadows offered this take: “There’s all kinds of blame going around, but yet not a whole lot of accountability. … And those decisions did not come from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. It came from the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue.”
In fact, Pelosi was not in charge of the Capitol police, as Forbes noted, “The House and Senate, which was controlled by Republicans on January 6, have oversight over the Capitol Police budget, but neither Pelosi, nor any other congressional lawmaker, influences the day to day operations of the police force.”
As radical and fearful of Trump as many Republicans are, few would be willing to slime Pelosi with no evidence. But Johnson, who has repeatedly proven himself one of Trump’s most loyal and truth-be-damned supporters, was happy to play this dirty.
- Democrats File Suit Against State Republicans Who Posed As Electors - Shawn Johnson - May 17th, 2022
- Plover Man Charged in U.S. Capital Attack - Deneen Smith - May 14th, 2022
- Ron Johnson Attended Meeting To Oppose Election Certification - Henry Redman - Feb 5th, 2022
- Op Ed: Wisconsin’s January 6 Collaborators - Matt Rothschild - Jan 9th, 2022
- Rep. Robyn Vining Statement on the One-Year Anniversary of the United States Capitol Insurrection - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 6th, 2022
- Op Ed: Hold Wisconsin’s Fraudulent Electors Accountable - Jeffrey Mandell - Jan 6th, 2022
- Joint Statement on the One-Year Anniversary of the Capitol Insurrection - State Rep. Jonathan Brostoff - Jan 6th, 2022
- One Year After January 6th Insurrection, Wisconsinites Haven’t Forgotten Ron Johnson’s Dangerous Efforts to Undermine U.S. Democracy - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Jan 6th, 2022
- Six Wisconsinites Charged in Capitol Insurrection - Rob Mentzer - Jan 6th, 2022
- AG Kaul Issues Statement on One-Year Anniversary of U.S. Capitol Insurrection - Wisconsin Department of Justice - Jan 6th, 2022
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here