Vote For Your Favorite Milwaukee Streetcar Route
The submissions are in, and it’s time to pick your favorite.
While you’re free to vote for whatever you may wish, I encourage you to consider the following aspects as criteria for judging a plan.
2. Ability to serve event attendees coming downtown and parking at various locations.
3. Ability to interact with existing systems (Amtrak, intercity bus, MCTS) and future ones (KRM, HSR).
4. Ability to encourage future development.
5. The line is close 3 miles (applications significantly greater than 3 miles were disqualified).
- The Mayor’s
- Downtown to Brady by Sam Dodge
- Line to UWM by Sam Dodge
- Ogden-Third Ward-MAM by Sam Dodge
- Viaduct Streetcar by Dan
- UWM to Ogden and Van Buren by Joe Klein
- Downtown to Walker’s Point by Marty
- North Side-Marquette-Cathedral Square by Dave Steele
- North Side-Brewery-Downtown by Dave Steele
- Entertainment Streetcar by Rob Vosters
- Transit Idea A by Streetcar Sam
The Ballot Box
[poll id=”5″ type=”result”]
For more project details, including the project timeline, financing, route and possible extensions, see our extensive past coverage.
- Plats and Parcels: Lakefront Streetcar Extension Scheduled for June 2022 Opening - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 6th, 2020
- Transportation: Should Milwaukee Stop The Hop? - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 13th, 2020
- Transportation: The Hop Now Wears a Mask - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 18th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Is A Couture Deal Finally Coming? - Jeramey Jannene - May 13th, 2020
- Transportation: SUV Driver Runs Into The Hop - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 28th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Kiosks Could Bring In $500,000 Annually - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 20th, 2020
- Thanks A Million, Hop Riders! - The Hop - Feb 19th, 2020
- Transportation: We Energies Will Sponsor Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 10th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Ridership Up in January Versus 2019 - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 7th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Ridership Up in December - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 14th, 2020
Read more about Milwaukee Streetcar here