Top Milwaukee chefs and 88Nine DJs at SoundBites event blend gourmet creations with the perfect songs
Newest Milwaukee restaurants included in 88Nine Radio Milwaukee SoundBites fundraiser Feb. 9 at the Iron Horse Hotel
Milwaukee (Jan. 23, 2017) – Milwaukee’s hottest chefs, some from the city’s newest restaurants, and 88Nine Radio Milwaukee DJs will serve up one-of-a-kind music-and-food pairings at the station’s sixth annual SoundBites fundraiser at 5:30 p.m. Thursday Feb. 9 at the Iron Horse Hotel.
SoundBites lets food and music lovers savor unique pairings at 13 tasting and listening stations. Attendees will meet the chefs and DJs while enjoying unparalleled flavors from Milwaukee’s diverse food scene and creatively matched tunes playing on earbuds.
Taking inspiration from the ingredients of their food and music, the paired chefs and DJs have collaborated to combine superb small plates with the perfect songs, harmonizing them to create unique dining and listening experiences.
Participating chefs and their 88Nine music counterparts are:
- Karen Bell, chef/owner at Bavette, and Dori Zori, morning show host and promotions manager
- Nick Boyd at Company Brewing, and Program Director Jordan Lee
- Caitlin Cullen, chef/owner at The Tandem, and Marcus Doucette, midday host, imaging manager and host of “Sound Travels”
- Yollande Deacon, owner and chef of Irie Zulu, and DJ Kenny Perez
- Jonna Froelich, executive chef at I.d. Delafield, and Sarah Fierek, director of underwriting partnerships and weekend host
- Dan Jacobs, chef/owner at DanDan, and Tarik Moody, digital director, evening music host and Rhythm Lab Radio host
- Greg Leon, chef/owner at Amilinda, and Amelinda Burich, digital content coordinator and musician
- Kevin Marx, executive chef at Parkside 23, and Makenzie Boettcher, community stories producer and weekend host
- Joe Muench, executive chef at Story Hill BKC, and award-winning musician Trapper Schoepp
- Nathan Radar, executive chef of Kindred on KK, and Justin Barney, music director, host of “Five Songs” and weekend host
- Joshua Rogers, executive chef of Smyth, and Nate Imig, managing producer, community stories, community partnership manager and evening host
- Adam Siegel, executive chef at Lake Park Bistro, and Laura Kezman, video producer
- Kevin Sloan, executive chef at The Pabst Theater Group, and Ken Sumka, afternoon host and assistant program director
One example of a pairing comes from I.d. Delafield’s Froelich and 88Nine’s Fierek, who have joined the song “Spill Your Colours” by Milwaukee-based alternative band REYNA, and a unique dish of beet and goat cheese agnolotti pasta squares with fennel, poppy seeds and citrus.
Recently opened restaurants with chefs at SoundBites include DanDan, The Tandem, I.d. Delafield and Kindred on KK.
In addition to tasting food and music pairings, guests will enjoy a champagne welcome reception and a sampling of Wisconsin cheese and craft beverages. Several Milwaukee DJs will spin tunes all night. Guests can bid on unique food, music and Milwaukee experiences, including an exclusive 88Nine rooftop reception package, in the SoundBites Silent Auction.
Tickets for the event are $125, and corporate tables are available. Tickets are limited in quantity. All proceeds directly benefit 88Nine Radio Milwaukee.
For more information and to view photos from last year’s event or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.radiomilwaukee.org/SoundBites.
ABOUT 88NINE RADIO MILWAUKEE:
A non-profit, community-funded radio station, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee (WYMS-FM 88.9) has been a part of Milwaukee since 2007. With a mission of creating a more inclusive and engaged city, 88Nine plays a unique blend of new and local music and public affairs programming that raise the social awareness of listeners and online audiences. Learn more about 88Nine and stream the station at http://www.radiomilwaukee.org or via the 88Nine mobile app.
Press Releases by Radio Milwaukee
Mary Louise Mussoline, 88Nine Radio Milwaukee’s longtime Executive Director, has decided to leave the progressive, community-focused station in March 2016.
The station also announced two other promotions.
Lee replaces former PD Sean Demery, who recently resigned to return to his home in Park City, Utah.
Best Milwaukee bands chosen by fans, station DJs and critics’ panel
88Nine Radio Milwaukee “Halloween Bash” at Turner Hall Oct. 31 Features Live Soul Music, DJ Sets, Costume Contest and Drag RevueOct 1st, 2014 by Radio Milwaukee
Annual Halloween Extravaganza Benefits Award-Winning Non-Commercial Milwaukee Radio Station
At its annual Awards Gala in Madison, Wis., on Saturday, the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association gave Radio Milwaukee a total of 11 “2013 Awards for Excellence.”