The current Milwaukee County Executive is Chris Abele.
- Feb 14th, 2017 by Bruce Murphy
- Feb 6th, 2017 by LuAnne Washburn
- Jan 20th, 2017 by Bruce Murphy
- Dec 14th, 2016 by Virginia Small
- Dec 8th, 2016 by Bruce Murphy
- Dec 6th, 2016 by Bruce Murphy
Press Releases Referencing Milwaukee County Executive
Abele says his focus is not on conflict but cooperation to address the county’s biggest problems, including persistent racial disparities.
In a series of interviews spanning several months, Buzzfeed documented the work of Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division clinicians Tai Hooper and Hendriel Anderson.
"This budget is based on fake math."
Here is a run-down of the top 10 accomplishments we want you to know about from 2016.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele, State Rep. David Crowley to Host Community Input Session on County Office on African American AffairsJan 27th, 2017 by Chris Abele
This community input session will take place at the COA Goldin Center 2320 W. Burleigh St.
..."I’m concerned that this legislation as crafted could hinder the successful training programs that the building and construction trades are providing the labor force in our region."
- Apartments, retail development proposed for Park East site - Dec 30th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Chris Abele’s requests for legislators’ email lists spark criticism - Dec 6th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Dan Bice
- Abele buys second Moderne condo for $700,000 - Nov 24th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tom Daykin
- Wisconsin Center District postpones plans to take over Marcus Center - Nov 20th, 2015 - BizTimes - Corrinne Hess
- Chris Abele is spending early and often in re-election bid - Nov 17th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Dan Bice
- Sheriff Clarke tries to personally serve Chris Abele with board chairman’s lawsuit - Nov 1st, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Dan Bice
- Taxpayers on hook for County Supervisor John Weishan’s legal tab - Oct 24th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Dan Bice
- Chris Abele: county to drop part-time drivers to end transit impasse - Oct 6th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Don Behm
- After nine tumultuous months, Mark Mone formally installed as UWM chancellor - Oct 2nd, 2015 - The Milwaukee Business Journal - Alison Bauter
- Ald. Murphy seeks stronger non-relocation clause in Bucks arena lease - Sep 18th, 2015 - The Milwaukee Business Journal - Rich Kirchen
- Sen. Chris Larson considering a challenge to Chris Abele - Sep 17th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Jason Stein
- GOP lawmaker moves to have governor, not voters, pick schools chief - Sep 14th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Jason Stein
- - Sep 11th, 2015 - The Milwaukee Business Journal - Rich Kirchen
- County Board retains power to act on O’Donnell Park sale - Jul 8th, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Don Behm
- Milwaukee Bucks, CARW not taking sides in debate over stripping County Board’s land sale power - Jul 7th, 2015 - The Milwaukee Business Journal - Sean Ryan
- Chris Abele hires pricey security guards, upgrades to full-size SUV - Jun 22nd, 2015 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel