601 Lofts is a ten-story condominium tower on the north edge of downtown Milwaukee. The building is made up of 80 residential condominiums, 4 commercial condominiums, and 120 parking spots (with eight reserved for the commercial tenants). The building was originally developed by KeyBridge Development.
The 601 Lofts building was constructed around the same time as developer Scott Fergus’ other large condominium project, First Place on the River (later renamed Point on the River). Fergus lost control of both properties as part of his bankruptcy declaration in early 2008. In 2010, a group led by Michael Dilworth purchased 16 unsold units for $2.2 million from M&I Bank.
The project broke ground on June 27th, 2005.
- 601 Lofts Condominium Declaration Documents
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel – Developer Files For Bankruptcy – Tom Daykin – April 2nd, 2008
- Mar 31st, 2014 by Michael Horne
- Jul 16th, 2009 by Jeramey Jannene
- Dec 12th, 2008 by Jeramey Jannene
- Nov 26th, 2008 by Jeramey Jannene
- Jan 14th, 2008 by Dave Reid
- Jun 27th, 2005 by Michael Horne